• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

ZF6 measurement

GM Guy

Manual Trans. 2WD Enthusiast
Reaction score
Does anyone know offhand what the bellhousing to shifter stub measurement is? I was wondering if a ZF6 shifter would line up with the factory hole on the C/K. I know driveline work is needed for a NV to ZF swap, but i was wondering if at least something would line up.

Thanks!:thumbsup:

thanks! i am still wondering if a ZF6 will go in easy, probably won't but we'll see!

if it will fit w/o body lift or tunnel modding w/ sledge, just driveshaft, (also prefer minimal mods to crossmember) it will be a high possibility. i also wonder how the clutch will work. i would also like the shifter to fit in perfectly. basically would like as close to bolt in as possible.

Thanks! you know me, 2wd is preferred, (and easier in this case!) i pretty well know that the driveline will need shortening, as the ZF6 is surely longer, but i am just concerned w/ the bellhousing face to shifter stub measurement (surely this is the most accurate way, right?) to see if it will fit in the hole in the floor.

thanks for measuring! :thumbsup:

I forgot to get measurements today. I have trans at buddys shop right now for a rebuild. if I can remember I'll measure it tomorrow if I make it up there.

Back