• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

zf6 clutch opinons...

D

dieseldays

My friend wants a good clutch for his duramax, what would be a good choice?

depending on what he wants to use the truck for. I hear south bend makes a real nice clutch. i'm sure theres others out there.

South Bend Hands down.

If he really wants a good clutch get a Dual Disk From South Bend.

i helped a friend of mine install a single disk south bend feramic (i think thats how you spell it). so far he loves it. its supposed to hold 550hp. it was a very complete kit and very good instructions. took us about 5 hrs taking our time. hope this helps

i agree the south bend stuff is second to none, what are you doing w/ the truck.

??

thank you guys!

:beer:

I am the guy that helped Peter at SBC design and I did the original testing and selling of Duramax cluches. I now sell any that SBC makes. Anyhow, If you have questions let me know.

John

Wel after a chat with tim strobel at a pul recently I learned a lot about Duramax Clutches.

Not sure what he puts out for power but it is a full blown pulling only truck complete ith built motor and water intercooler.

Now his other truck was the one we talked about. It is used to be his puller until they built a new one. Not sure what that truck had for power but he ran a GT42 turbo and was always at the top of the class.

I cant remember all of the clutch names he tried but the first one was too big and didnt fit. Then the net one was too small so the throout bearing was always halfway engaged.

Then he tried a south bend but the lack of adjustment led to a burnt up clutch after 7 hooks.

Cant remember what he runs now but it runs good.

Wel after a chat with tim strobel at a pul recently I learned a lot about Duramax Clutches.

Not sure what he puts out for power but it is a full blown pulling only truck complete ith built motor and water intercooler.

Now his other truck was the one we talked about. It is used to be his puller until they built a new one. Not sure what that truck had for power but he ran a GT42 turbo and was always at the top of the class.

I cant remember all of the clutch names he tried but the first one was too big and didnt fit. Then the net one was too small so the throout bearing was always halfway engaged.

Then he tried a south bend but the lack of adjustment led to a burnt up clutch after 7 hooks.

Cant remember what he runs now but it runs good.
That was helpful:doh: LOL
Kinda like saying I heard this joke about a Nun, a Rabbi and a dildo. I don't remember how it went but it was funny.

Edit: I just re-read my post, and actually just putting Nun, Rabbi and dildo in the same sentence is kinda funny. Maybe not the best analogy.

ZF 6 sp per SBC

I am the guy that got SBC to start designing the aftermarket clutches for the ZF6 Duramax. I did the original testing for Peter at SBC and also did the original selling and installation. Anyhow, if anybody needs some help you can call me (720-262-6213) or email me at ([email protected]).

this was set up originally to help you guys!

Back