• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Your favorite hot rod.

Mine back in the day. RIP ole 3banger
1010317880_l.jpg

Gotta love the little Dihatsu's lol-actually did lot of work outta one of those.Did it have the scissor lift bed?

1969 Chevelle SS 396 w/ 454 ci engine. Red with Black stripes. It's always nice when you and your wife share a favorite car. Will make it a little easier to get it since I won't have to talk her into it too much.

A very close second for me would be 1963 Stingray Corvette 327ci/360hp FI V-8 w/ the split rear window,. Also in Red.

That is my dream car,and second would be a 71 charger 426 hemi, ok I have my flame suit on for choosing mopar.

[/COLOR][/B]

That is my dream car,and second would be a 71 charger 426 hemi, ok I have my flame suit on for choosing mopar.

That's ok, I'll take a 68 or 69 any day too! Heck, any late 60's early 70's Mopar for that matter. Chargers, Challengers, Cuda's, GTX's, Super B's, you name it. :smile5:

Gotta love the little Dihatsu's lol-actually did lot of work outta one of those.Did it have the scissor lift bed?

It didnt have anything except a turndown exhaust, mud tires, chrome valve stems and shift knob. Did good stoppies and was easy to jump and drift.
Then we flipped it going 40. :frown5:

'70 Cadi Fleetwood hearse, chopped and tubbed, blown 500, flat black, bad brakes.:D

This is my current favorite Hot Rod..Just put on 4 wheel disc brakes, power steering, hydroboost pwr brakes, and air bags. I have all the trim off now and had all the stainless polished and aluminum reanodized....Should be driving it this weekend if I quit slacking:biggrin5:

We had one of those when I was on a job in Greece. It popped out of 2nd gear so one guy drove and the other guy shifted on those twisty roads on Skiatos Island.......many 3 wheel turns in that death trap!:D

This is my current favorite Hot Rod..Just put on 4 wheel disc brakes, power steering, hydroboost pwr brakes, and air bags. I have all the trim off now and had all the stainless polished and aluminum reanodized....Should be driving it this weekend if I quit slacking:biggrin5:

Man, really nice looking Nomad Cal. Very nice job.

Man, really nice looking Nomad Cal. Very nice job.

Thanks Dave.........I bought it with the paint job and the engine. The brakes were really scary and the suspension was worn out. I got a bunch of before and after pictures I should post of the work I did on it. It was a project! Handles like a dream now. The thing will stop on a dime now and give you back change :D

Last edited:
When I was growing up there was a neigbor who had the porthole T-bird and I dont remeber the year but I think lat 50s. He had 2 of them, one fro cruising and the other was for weekend 1/4 mile stints and it went like a bat of hell. I think he still has them i the quonset today even

Heres our 69 "Nova"

we also got:
79 Z-28 (my project)
79 Malibu wagon (my drag car)
39 Nash businessman's coupe (future hot rod)
64 Nova wagon (needs resto, might sell)
73 Honda 600 (looks like an old mini cooper but smaller)
73 Honda 600 Sport

Sold an gone :(
62 bel-air, 2dr pst, old skool hot rod
51 chev special fastback
73 International Scout (was like New)
54 chev truck
57 Benz 190D
56 Bel-air
this list goes on 4 ever
all this stuff was in really nice contition too!

...Dad bought a 70 CoPo nova back in the day, was in the driveway when his tour with the Navy in vietnam ended. Marina Blue, 396 (402) ci, solid lifter cam, M-22, dog dish 6cyl hub caps, chrome & trim delete, radio delete, etc. Wish we still had that one!

My best buddie has a 69 "R" code MACH 1, SUPER Cobra Jet, 4spd, shaker ETC. has 18K orig miles!

Heres our 69 "Nova"

we also got:
79 Z-28 (my project)
79 Malibu wagon (my drag car)
39 Nash businessman's coupe (future hot rod)
64 Nova wagon (needs resto, might sell)
73 Honda 600 (looks like an old mini cooper but smaller)
73 Honda 600 Sport

Sold an gone :(
62 bel-air, 2dr pst, old skool hot rod
51 chev special fastback
73 International Scout (was like New)
54 chev truck
57 Benz 190D
56 Bel-air
this list goes on 4 ever
all this stuff was in really nice contition too!

...Dad bought a 70 CoPo nova back in the day, was in the driveway when his tour with the Navy in vietnam ended. Marina Blue, 396 (402) ci, solid lifter cam, M-22, dog dish 6cyl hub caps, chrome & trim delete, radio delete, etc. Wish we still had that one!

My best buddie has a 69 "R" code MACH 1, SUPER Cobra Jet, 4spd, shaker ETC. has 18K orig miles!

Looks like some serious "toys". I'd be interested in pics of the 64 wagon.......... [email protected]. What's the history on the 79 Malibu wagon? I sold one a few years back as a half finished tubbed/half tube chassis drag car. It was to a guy in Kansas I believe, and I lost touch after the fact.

Back