• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

you guys using weight distributing hitches?

What link you use will depend on how you want to put load on or take load off the tow vehicle. They are what will determine how weight gets distibuted.

Mine has the solid bars and brackets...no chains.
I can tell you though if you adjust it too hard to try and push that front end down of your truck, it will ride like crap and beat you senseless.
Let the back of the truck take some weight, your back will thank you for it.

Equalizer? ive never hard of them, where can i look at one at?

http://www.equalizerhitch.com/

Much much much better than the chain and friction sway combo. I used that for about one year and then switched to the Equal-i-zer, night and day difference.:sifone: The truck/trailer now pulls as one unit, no sway at all. Only hook up 2 bars and go. No need to remove the sway control when making tight manuvers, either. It's a very nice system.

I use the Equal-i-zer too...that name is actually the name of the product, although that type of hitch is commonly called that because they've been around so long and established a standard. Back in the 60's, it used to be marketed by driving the old front wheel drive Toronado into shows with the rear wheels removed towing a trailer. A pretty effective marketing tool,eh?

Short of spending a couple grand on a Hensley-Arrow, it's about the best you can do.

Anybody using one of these?

Hensley Arrow

attachment.php

parts.jpg

installdone.jpg

Many people swear by these, but they sure are expensive.​

They claim that, "It is physically impossible for a travel trailer to sway, fishtail, or jackknife when outfitted with the Hensley Arrow®," and they have some impressive videos showing how it works.

Guaranteed Trailer Sway Elimination!

Only Hensley can make that statement!

Hensley Mfg., makers of the famous Hensley Arrow®, also know as the Arrow® or the Hensley® the ONLY trailer hitch guaranteed to eliminate trailer sway.

How does the Hensley Arrow eliminate sway?

Attachments

• HensleyArrow.jpg
    HensleyArrow.jpg
    13 KB · Views: 112
How much do them hitches go for?

Very expensive ($3,115 to $3,165 depending on what size distribution bars you get). They do have a 60-Day Money-Back Guarantee & Lifetime Warranty.

Hensley Arrow Pricing
http://www.hensleymfg.com/pricing.htm

Occasionally they run specials on them. People who own them claim that it's the best money they have spent.

You can get a lot more information if you click on the links in my post above.

Last edited:
Ray is that your mini van pulling the camper , nice looking rig. That's a lot hitch for pulling a camper, is it easy to hook up

Hensley Arrow is in the neighborhood of $3000, worth every penny so I heard..........but that's a hard coin to swallow.

Ray is that your mini van pulling the camper , nice looking rig. That's a lot hitch for pulling a camper, is it easy to hook up

Sorry, No.

I got that picture from the Hensley website. :)

According to Hensley, the hitch is fairly easy to hook up. And according to postings I read on RVnet, everybody that has one says that they will never again tow without one. Supposedly, it drives like a straight truck. No sway whatsoever. The hitch is set up with a set of linkages that allows it to turn, if the tow vehicle initiates the turns, but if the trailer tries to turn it, it acts like it's locked up and won't let the trailer sway. It's quite ingenious.

If you click on the links I posted above you will go to their website. They have a lot of information about their hitch.

You can order on line their FREE video DVD and learn more about their hitch. It includes a demo video showing how it works. Its' quite an impressive piece of equipment.

They also sell a state-of-the-art brake controller that people claim to be the best.

Last edited:
Back