• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

xp security 2011

DEERE3594

I welcome everyone...not just Penguins!
Reaction score
How dod i get rid of this damn virus? constant pop ups and usally wont let me online. wont let me update any of my virus scanners

I generally use spybot search and destroy along with microsoft security essentials. both are pretty light (as long as you dont install teatimer with Spybot) and pretty effective. plus, security essentials gets updates via microsoft update, so one less thing you have to go update by itself.

Justin, what are you using for virus protection?

Macafee, superaint spy wear, one other one i forget and that new one i just addeded. it takes 3 hours to turn my 'puter on to run threw all the dang gum spy wear things :eek::eek:

Switch to firefox from the unsecured Internet exploiter (explorer) and be careful of helpful web site warnings that your computer is going to go all 2012 on you. FireFox will give you better protection from the nasty stuff installing itself.

Hmm,i tried that free scan...Tells me a virus might be blocking the scan,call ..... for assistance to bypass virus.
What's up with that?

My puter is slow booting up an freezes half the time,1 restart usually lets me in.

DON'T try the 'Free Scan' ... that damn thing is a Google Ad. I have no idea where it goes or if it is legit. The directions below it were for Justin to use.

Go to housecall.antivirus.com and use THAT free scan. (It's by Trend Micro, and is reputable). There is also a free online scan from Microsoft at http://www.microsoft.com/security/scanner/en-us/default.aspx that works pretty good.

DON'T try the 'Free Scan' ... that damn thing is a Google Ad. I have no idea where it goes or if it is legit. The directions below it were for Justin to use.

Go to housecall.antivirus.com and use THAT free scan. (It's by Trend Micro, and is reputable). There is also a free online scan from Microsoft at http://www.microsoft.com/security/scanner/en-us/default.aspx that works pretty good.

I use Trend Micro on my two computers and have for about 3 years, it has never let me down and works very well.

Jeez,you gave me almost a heart attack.:eek::WTF::hihi:

my account works fine, but now if i try to use the other "users" i get this. not able to use the net at all. any ideas?

100_0102.jpg

Just curious but why are you using a proxy server?

What is you home network (LAN) setup?
1. Internet modem/router to
2. Hub/switch to
3. PC/laptop via Ethernet cable/wireless

Who set up your accounts, Justin? Why does your computer have other 'Users" on it?

I have no idea. I dont have internet at my house currently and use my parents. this is the puter i have problems with. Franko, I cant answer any of your Q's, i dont know what any of the Qs mean :eek:

Try disabling proxy settings:

With Firefox open, select "Tools" / "Options" / "Advanced" / "Network" / "Settings" / "No Proxy"

Click [OK] twice.

Close Firefox, then reopen.

Back