• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

WTB: 6.2 6.5 motor mount brace bracket

floyd400

Reaction score
Im looking for the bracket that bolts to the block behind the motor mount brackets which are used for bolting up the trans to bellhousing braces. I'll include a pic if my explanation doesn't make sense. I have the passenger side one but need the other side, I'll buy a set if I have to. Already bought a set off a 77 gasser and it's just different enough to not work, so gotta be from a diesel. Name a price.

If I remember right, that brace only fits the 4L80e with heavy cast torque converter cover.
Maybe the 4l80 has them too but the 700r4 6.2 diesel combo for sure has them. My 84 has both trans braces and a transfer case brace to the bellhousing. I'm putting together my buddies 6.5 700r4 truck and he's missing one of the brackets.

If you hit junkyards, also look in bread trucks- my 454 truck had them because of the driveline parking break weight. Sorry, none sitting on my parts shelf.

Maybe the 4l80 has them too but the 700r4 6.2 diesel combo for sure has them. My 84 has both trans braces and a transfer case brace to the bellhousing. I'm putting together my buddies 6.5 700r4 truck and he's missing one of the brackets.
It's been so long since my 85 GMC Jimmy w/6.2 I forget, perhaps making one maybe the best way to go if it a hard part to find, good luck..

Back