• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Would like some input on A/C controls...

Heartbeat Hauler

A(ACLU) Agent Yoda
Reaction score
Hey all,
I would like to know something. When I run the A/C in recirc mode and A/C selected, and then unselect the A/C the air stays cool for as long as I am driving. Even when I stop maybe get a bite to eat and then come back the air is still cold (A/C not selected). What gives? Is it still in A/C mode or is there still refr. circulating or what?

Also, I deselect A/C w/the blower on level 2 in order to keep the mold from building up on the core before I shut down for the day, is this really doing the job? What say you?

JP

Mine does the same thing, i have no idea whats going on.

Same here, I have turned the A/C off and had it run for quite some time. Had it run cool about an hour after turning the A/C off going camping one time. Would also like know what is going on.

My ac will run whenever the set air temp is lower than the ambient. This will happen whether the snowflake is on or off. The dealer said that it is the generals idea.

Whenever you have it on recirc, the AC compressor turns on. They might as well just call it Max AC like they used to.

Well, the damn controls should so what it says it does. I hate all this automatic crap with no way of turning off...or on. I guess I'm just bitchin'! :incazzato:

JP

:iagree:I can't stand the automatic ac! It was so much easier to just turn it on when I wanted it on or up when I wanted more air or down when it was too much air. the temp control being digital is not as easy to know if you have it all the way up or down by just glancing at it like the manual style with the red/blue line and the slide or the knob that you just turned, not to mention the fan speed control... also the the way you move from vent to defrost to floor, not enough option there like the manual ones, I like to have more air to the vent than to the floor, not half and half!:rant:

:iagree:I can't stand the automatic ac! It was so much easier to just turn it on when I wanted it on or up when I wanted more air or down when it was too much air. the temp control being digital is not as easy to know if you have it all the way up or down by just glancing at it like the manual style with the red/blue line and the slide or the knob that you just turned, not to mention the fan speed control... also the the way you move from vent to defrost to floor, not enough option there like the manual ones, I like to have more air to the vent than to the floor, not half and half!:rant:
Ain't that the truth! Don't even get me started on vent controls...AHHHH! Why is there no way to shut off the driver side vent (floor) to direct all the heat to the passenger side so my wife will be warm and I won't roast! Huh? Tell me, why? ANd how come I can't use recirc on heat? Nooooo, it's gotta let in cold air that over powers the heater unless you have it on windtunnel speed, then you can't hear and your sweatin' and my wife is still cold! Good old cable-controlled vents were purty low tech, but the air went where you told it to go.
JP

Ain't that the truth! Don't even get me started on vent controls...AHHHH! Why is there no way to shut off the driver side vent (floor) to direct all the heat to the passenger side so my wife will be warm and I won't roast! Huh? Tell me, why? ANd how come I can't use recirc on heat? Nooooo, it's gotta let in cold air that over powers the heater unless you have it on windtunnel speed, then you can't hear and your sweatin' and my wife is still cold! Good old cable-controlled vents were purty low tech, but the air went where you told it to go.
JP

I have the same problem unless I am alone in the truck. I thought this dual climate control was going to take care of our " I'm to hot/cold" complaint.

I have the same problem unless I am alone in the truck. I thought this dual climate control was going to take care of our " I'm to hot/cold" complaint.
Man, I don't even have that option. My '01 just has the off and on 1,2,3,4 and the red and blue temp guide knob. I have a great truck, but these little weird things that some engineer thought was cute just rattle my cage to no end. No doubt there was SOME thought behind it, but for the life of me I don't know what it was.
JP

Man, I don't even have that option. My '01 just has the off and on 1,2,3,4 and the red and blue temp guide knob. I have a great truck, but these little weird things that some engineer thought was cute just rattle my cage to no end. No doubt there was SOME thought behind it, but for the life of me I don't know what it was.
JP

wish mine had the manual knobs...

my '03 did and it worked just fine, it still had the left and right temp control but it was more manual than this dang electronic gadget that I cant seem to work after 4 yrs.:shocked:

Yeah, I don't even have left and right red/blue knobs, just one. I don't understand why there is even a snowflake switch in the first place if it's gonna use A/C anyways. My dash vents put out a ton of air flow, but the underdash for heat sucks like you can't believe. I had the TSB on the heater box seal and that helped a lot in the winter time, but a lot of cold air still gets in in heater mode.
JP

I usually only run my ac for a little while then turn it off because it stays cold for so long. Unless it's really hot out, the coil will stay cold for a long time. I ran it for a whole hour one time, and it stayed cold for nearly 5 hours after that. Sometimes if I don't run it long enough or it's really hot out it doesn't stay cold very long. I also noticed if I run it like this I have less condensation dripping under the truck.

I usually only run my ac for a little while then turn it off because it stays cold for so long. Unless it's really hot out, the coil will stay cold for a long time. I ran it for a whole hour one time, and it stayed cold for nearly 5 hours after that. Sometimes if I don't run it long enough or it's really hot out it doesn't stay cold very long. I also noticed if I run it like this I have less condensation dripping under the truck.
That's interesting, I have had issues with a smell developing because of mold build-up on the coil. Dealer sprayed some stuff on it and it's been ok. Of course I always hit the A/C button a mile or two before I get home so the blower blows air across the coil for a bit before I shut it down.I hope the AC compressor is shutting down when I hit the A/C button.

JP

Last edited:
Back