• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Worth my time?

saturntech95

Reaction score
OK so I got a couple things I am planning on doing and I am left wondering if this is the way I should go.

First, I got a Holley Black fuel pump for free, they are a 14psi max and 100cfm pump. It doesnt say it is for diesels but it is gas and alchahol combatible so I dont forsee a issue. I am planning on putting this in for a lift pump. Thoughts/concerns?

Second, right now I am running stock TDC offset, I plan on going to -1.94. With my current setup I have NO smoke at all which worries me that I am not getting enough fuel. Will this give me more fuel and is this mod worth the time?

Third, I have newer injectors in my (under 10k miles) that I got off of ebay. The company said they remanned bosh injectors with "premium austrian made nozzles". You think it would be better to put marine nozzles on these or have my OE ones rebuilt with marine nozzles?

For reference future plans for my truck include a intercooler and HX35 (ATT is a possibility) to go along with these mods. So basically the more fuel I can get the better cause I will use it.

I wasnt able to find any info on that but I do plan on installing a fuel preasure gauge at the same time as the lift pump. I might put a splitter and make it so I can still have my factory pump and if this one fails I can just plug the factory one in and keep on truckin. Just like a Y on both sides and have 2 pumps and just plug one in at a time. Thoughts on that?

there was a recent discussion on the dual lift pump scenarios I believe it was in one of great whites threads. Talk was of leaving the oem pump in place to let the ip suck fuel thru it if the other one dies and is not a flow on fail type.

Yes I did see that. I also saw a post a while ago by .....now I cant remember.... the guy running the pro 52 turbo.... saying he runs a Holley fuel pump for his LP.

As far as the dual pumps I would rather have it split than have it flow through the pump not being used.

Back