• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Worst camping trip I've ever had

DMAX1518

Reaction score
I finally just got home from a weekend camping trip where everything that could go wrong did go wrong. We left on Friday morning to pick up our camper at my parents, they were meting us there with their camper. Half way there my dad called to tell me his truck broke down and they were limping it back to the dealer to try to fix it. I went on and hooked up my trailer and got half way to the campsite and he called to tell me that when I dropped mine off I needed to come and get his, the dealer didnt have the parts. I eventually got both trailers to the campsite late that evening and we set up. Saturday we were supposed to go the the gun range there and the only time we could go the benches were full and there were a lot of kids running around there. We decided to try back later which we never had time to do. Saturday evening I was supposed to golf and I realized I forgot my clubs an the house 2 1/2 hours away. And to top it all off when I woke up this morning my trailer had a flat tire, the tread had started to separate. I changed the tire and on the way home, the brand new spare did the same thing and busted the fender, the bottom of the trailer, and the steps. I sat along the road until my dad could run up and buy me a new tire. Since all of the tires were the same thing I need to buy 4 more tires before my next trip.

Sorry for the long post but its been one of those days. Glad to be back home.

Tough luck! Sorry to hear it.

You weren't supposed to go camping this weekend... You just didn't know it soon enough.

I forgot to mention it rained Saturday evening so we couldn't grill the steaks we took with us.
To top it all off we just found out that my wifes German Sheppard that was at her parents house died this weekend. We had just picked up a lab pup on Thursday and took him with us this weekend. We didn't get much sleep but he sure was fun to watch.

The good news was I got to spend some time with my family. This was my 18 month old nephew's second camping trip. He makes any trip better no matter how bad it is. There's always a silver lining I guess.

I forgot to mention it rained Saturday evening so we couldn't grill the steaks we took with us.
To top it all off we just found out that my wifes German Sheppard that was at her parents house died this weekend. We had just picked up a lab pup on Thursday and took him with us this weekend. We didn't get much sleep but he sure was fun to watch.

The good news was I got to spend some time with my family. This was my 18 month old nephew's second camping trip. He makes any trip better no matter how bad it is. There's always a silver lining I guess.
there ya go-:smile5:

I wish I could have got a picture of my dad pulling his trailer home with my truck. He is a Ford fan and his truck that left him on the road was a Powerstroke. Either way I still get to harass him about it.

You gotta to learn to say f-it and get out the whiskey bottle, that's what I do when the trip starts going south. Another thing I always do is pack really good rain gear, so I would have grilled the steaks in the damn rain and smiled the whole time. Sorry to hear about your dog, though, that really sucks.

Just bought 4 new tires and got them mounted. Bought a sheet of aluminum and cut it to replace the fender and will try again next weekend. Hoping for a little better luck this time.

Well, at least you didn't set yourself up for failure with the tires. I've actually seen someone only replace the one tire and leave the other 3 rotten ones on, then wonder why they had another blowout 2 hours later.

Back