• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

World’s largest parade of classic tractors

jmiller

Recruit
Reaction score
http://rfdtv.com/nebraskastatefair/index.php/tractor-parade

RFD-TV is attempting the worlds largest tractor parade at the Nebraska State Fair this Saturday, August 25th.

They have over 1000 tractors registered that are 30 years or older.

Is anyone planning to attend?

I'm considering the 600mi trip to meet my Dad there. He was trying to bring the '39 Graham Bradley, but could not get the engine back from the re-builder, in time. (it was pumping a lot of oil after 73 years) So he's taking the IH 300. Indiana to Nebraska and back.

Bradley is in the foreground, the IH 300 is in the background:

attachment.php

Left the Nebraska State Fair last night. They anounced, over 1100 tractors were participating, Guiness certified the worlds largest tractor parade yesterday.

It took 3 hours to meet all of the Guiness requirements, last record was 749 in Germany.

Tractors of all types and from all over. IH & Deere, Minneapolis Moline, to David Brown, from NE, IA, TX, MO, IL, IN, PA, CO, OH, and elsewere.

yep, I'l get them posted.

On a sad note, two accidents occurred while loading the trailers. Last night, a tractor rolled off the side of the trailer, the driver was able to get clear. This morning another roll over happened, the driver was killed. My parents were picking up the trailer this morning and had found out about the accident's.

It had rained yesterday and the main driveways were pretty muddy. With the mud carried in on the tires, it made loading that much tougher.

Prayers to his family

Prayers for the DeWeese family

http://www.theindependent.com/news/state_fair/kansas-man-killed-in-tractor-accident-at-nebraska-state-fair/article_0e95fb98-f008-11e1-94d8-0019bb2963f4.html

Kansas man killed in tractor accident at Nebraska State Fair
A 75-year-old Kansas man was killed Sunday morning when he was loading his antique tractor at the Nebraska State Fair.
Charley DeWeese of Thayer, Kan., was loading his 1936 John Deere tractor when the right back tire went off the loading ramp, causing the tractor to flip. DeWeese was driving the tractor at the time of the accident and was thrown from the tractor and pinned underneath it as it toppled over, according to Nebraska State Patrol Lt. Dennis Leonard.
“The back wheel just came off the ramp,” Leonard said.
The Grand Island Fire Department was called, but DeWeese died at the scene, Leonard said.
DeWeese had come to the Nebraska State Fair with his wife and was part of Saturday’s world record-setting antique tractor parade, Leonard said.

That happens more often than you may think but seldom does it cause death. Loading a high CG tractor on ramps is tough enough without it being muddy and then mix in a narror front to make matters worse. Tough way to end a great event.

Sad it does happen more than anyone would like. Some of the that old iron was crazy scary looking with just a spring seat between you and wheels or plows etc. I have always looked at them and said geez those old farmers were some brave men.

Just remember that these tractors were the new modern time saving thing back then. The farmers didn't know anything about the safety advances we know about now.

Don

I've got hundreds (hell - maybe thousands...:dunno:) of hours on the old NF Farmall 400 without fenders and sure I had close calls but you have to think safety anywhere around that old equipment full time.

Back