• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Working your trucks??

blacktruck

Truckin throughout the world....
Reaction score
How about it, anybody out there really working with your truck on a daily basis? Hot shotters, car haulers and RV pullers, what are you doing with your truck?

I am surprised to see no replies to this old thread. I myself tow a 14' enclosed trailer almost everyday with my ECSB, sometimes with the RCLB. In the winter both trucks get plows on them and more often than not the sander is in the bed of the ECSB and the RCLB gets towing duty.

Thanks for the reply....

Hey there is somebody reading this post.
Good to see. I know there are lots of folks out there working their small trucks. I've got a 40' flat that I pull with mine when I'm home. In that business there are a lot of small trucks out there hauling cars and LTL freight. I've thought of getting another truck and putting a snow plow on it. Gotta see what happens in the days ahead.
Keep posting what you are doing and let us all see.
Stay safe out there.
Ken

pic from yesterday, truck is not used for work but does whatever i ask of it outside of work

dieselswap004.jpg

untitled.jpg

72539_441154293741_610553741_5407993_5165748_n.jpg

Don't do it regularly any more but this is a pretty good load. Around 15-16 k.

Ford Loaded.jpg

Ours is a farm truck. Does whatever it's asked.

Kinda for farm use, we use the trailer for sheep sometimes, but mainly for my sisters' horses.
IMG_0309.jpg

Here is what I have been up to and hauling lately. I've been working for a tree service guy since the first of the year. He's also has his Master Electricians licence and have been doing some electric work on slower days for a storage unit place in town. They have been having a bunch of trouble with the lights on the buildings and the sign at the road. Today we trenched about 200 ft to lay new wire from the storage units up to the sign. We rented a mini excavator a week ago and a riding Ditch Witch today. Forgot to take a picture of the Ditch Witch today. Every other day, we are riding with four chainsaws and pulling a trailer with wood. Most wood I have put on the truck is 2 face cords on the bed and 3 face cords on the trailer. I pull a 16 ft Big Tex 70PI trailer that weighs about 2100 lbs. Each time, the Cummins pulls it without a problem.

Pulling the mini excavator. Not sure on the weight, but I'd guess around 3-4k.
2011-03-03_09-20-56_287-1-1-1.jpg

Helped a buddy out a few weeks ago taking some stuff to the scrap yard. On the trailer is a rear axle and part of a frame from a 26k lbs dump truck.
2011-01-26_11-13-59_484-1.jpg

This is from Monday. We took down a 65 ft oak tree that was about ready to fall on a house. On the trailer is five blocks from the lower half of the tree. Each block is about 30-36" wide and about 3 ft tall. I'd guess each one is about 400-500 lbs each.
2011-03-15_14-54-50_278-1.jpg

Pulling a Vermeer 1250 chipper to and from a tree job. Weight is about 6k.
2011-03-07_16-59-04_211-1.jpg

This is a guy who owns another tree company we have worked with a few times on some tree jobs. He's pulling a tow behind stump grinder. His rig is a '01 2500 Ram with the 24v Cummins.
2011-03-07_16-59-27_604-1.jpg

There are people out there reading this!!!!

Good to see some new posts here. I'm out of the country for a bit longer so I'm not working my truck for awhile. It is interesting to see what these daily drivers are being used for. Keep hooking up and making a buck with them and show it off when you do.
Stay safe out there.
Ken

I use my truck for work hauling loads of carpet mostly. I gross right at 18,000lbs max (truck, trailer and load) at times and the truck does awesome. I get 11 mpg at 70-75 whether I'm loaded on unloaded pulling my 16ft Horton Hauler bumper pull enclosed trailer. I am planning on getting a 45 gallon aux tank so I don't have to stop for fuel every 300 miles or so. Stupid high fuel prices make it so I have to swipe my card twice if I let it get much below 1/2 tank.

My truck doesnt regularly see work everyday in the summer. Mostly just a D/D. But when it tows i usually put on a pretty good load. I have a bunch more towing pictures, but they are on my laptop that fried the hard drive a couple months ago...

All in all, my truck has prolly dragged home around 10 cars from various states, Mustangs, Wranlgers, a LTD, Camaros, Rams, MR2 and others i cant remember.. either for my family or friends.

Attachments

• Brush Haul 2.jpg
    Brush Haul 2.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_2005.jpg
    IMG_2005.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_2165.jpg
    IMG_2165.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_1464.jpg
    IMG_1464.jpg