• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Working on a "next-level" fuel system

Nate I should have added, I have not had the pleasure of running a pump with a puff limiter yet so maybe once you get the housing dialed in, the boost reference adjustability is enough. You would know better, I'm just always brain storming one way or the other, LOL.
I TOTALLY understand. I’ll keep that thought in mind once I have one in use again.

So like I said, it may not need to be done but you could weld a pass through aluminum tube in the intake manifold to line up with the puff limiter for a cable to run through and attach like the Attitude which would allow you to turn it from in cab. Not sure how bad the tube in the intake manifold would restrict air flow. Then the fitting for the boost hose would have to be offset to make room for the cable attachment. Like I said maybe unnecessary to turn the puff limiter once you get it where you want it I don't know.

Just came across this thread, been wanting to upgrade my lift pump for a while now. Haven't had the pressing need as I'm in the same boat as @spdgofast, waiting to find a quality built DB2.

I never thought I'd be open to dropping hundreds of dollars on a lift pump system, but after my stock one crapped out this weekend I'd rather put on something more robust and forget about it.

I also think upgrading to 1/2" fuel lines is imperative for performance. Anyone have experience with the Air Dog draw straw/ suction tube kit?

I'm kind of partial towards the raptor kit, as I wonder if the FASS/ Air Dog kit can be mounted without the filters sticking below the frame rail. At present I just use a 120 mesh inline pre- filer before the lift pump and that seems to have served me well over the years.

Anyone with experience of the raptor, air dog or something else endorse one over the other?

I have thought about creating a box in the very front corner of the truck bed and installing fuel pump and filtration/heater system inside of the box perimeter then having an easily removable cover over it.

@DieselAmateur, I don't know at what point we do need to increase the diameter of the fuel line, but my pump should be very close to 100cc output and I haven't run out of fuel yet with the stock '93 lift pump. I too am thinking of upgrading my fuel system as I would like a little more fuel to the cylinders. I have a few details I need to hammer out yet, one of them being lift pump volume/pressure and line diameter. I would think that excess available volume would not be an issue like excess pressure is.
Your build sounds awesome, you may be looking for way more than I am content with!

Back