• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

WMI with boost juice? are there nozzles small enough? Will it still reduce IAT & EGT?

GM Guy

Manual Trans. 2WD Enthusiast
Reaction score
hey guys,

I have an opportunity to buy 3 jugs of Snow performances boost juice for 9.99 = tax, plus a 25 percent off sale. that is the gallong jug of course.

I was thinking of setting up a real small scale WMI system for when IATs and EGTs get out of hand on a hard mountain pull. (think the fender top washer fluid tank small) I was thinking of using the OEM washer tank for 95 (and 94?) 6.5Ls that is on the top of the inner fender and the bracketry still is there on the 96+ with the bigger hidden tank under the tray. this would of course mean I will plan on using it in a 96+ rig so it looks all OEM, and can still retain the use of the washer fluid tank. would get a second cargo lamp switch for power to add to the sleeper look.

so, since this whole thought is speared by the cheap boost juice, I ask: is the stuff a bargain, will it keep for a long time, and is there a pump and nozzle combo small enough that will let me use hopefully less than the whole gallon of boost juice in one pull, and not blow the near stock 6.5L up? can one even use the factory washer fluid pump? (with a job appropriate nozzle of course)

thanks guys!

Boost juice is 49% methanol which is too high for an idi diesel that you want to live. If you water it down to 20% or so it would be ok and last longer.

Back