• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Wisconsinite now Floridian 🌴☀️🏖️🌊

Welcome to TTS!

Did not realize that there were 'stages' to bulletproofing the 6.0 and had to search on it. I always knew bulletproofing the 6.0 as a list of items where some decided to do all of them, and some played the risk game. References to 'stages' are more commonly descriptions of power-adders (bigger injectors, etc) and supporting hardware (turbo, studs, etc). 'Stage 3 bulletproofing' looks like one individual vendor's list of items in a specific package, and basically the complete list of items which need to get done on the 6.0 to correct the original engineering shortcomings. Were it my truck, I would have done the whole list of corrections as the labor is cheaper to take the stuff apart just once.

Good move on avoiding going the chip route. With OE power in the mid 500 ft/lbs and the motor mated to either the 5+1 speed automatic or 6 speed manual, that is plenty for a light truck's needs.

Related, if not already part of the maintenance plan, might consider taking a look at going with 5W/40 oil as this is better for the injectors than the OE spec of 15W/40.

Back