• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Wiring marker lights as DRLs....Possible? Easy?

ryanryan

Reaction score
It is possible to wire the marker lights on the front as the DRLs? In Canada it is a law that you need DRLs. I'm putting a set of HIDs in and I have to disconnect the DRLs. It's not that big of a deal, because I have asked a few cops and have never heard of anyone getting a ticket for not having DRLs. But....I thought if there was an easy way to do it, I would go for it. I know the in's and out's of electrical, but I'm no genius when it comes to it. Has anyone ever done this before, or is there a thread somewhere that explains this process?

well the marker lamps don't draw a whole lot of current. Do you have a wiring schematic to use to find out what wire runs the daytime running lamps? You could just cut the feed to the marker lights, splice in a new wire, route it to the DTR wire and splice that into the line. Soldering it would provide the longest lasting connection. And with a little heat shrink you'll be in buisness.

Do you have access to the wiring diagram for your truck?

Haynes manual has schematics for everything including the diesel versions. There is also all Data @www.alldata.tsb.com/home

Both will have everything you need. Lemme know if you need help deciphering that wiring diagram. They can be a bit... overwelming

Back