• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Wiper Delay switch

Patrick@HPD

Reaction score
On my 05 Cummins the delay switch for the wipers are screwed up. Twist the knob and they work. Turn them off and on again, and they may or may not. Once your past the delay the regular slow and high works fine always. Anything obvious that could be wrong? Probably need to take it in for a new switch. Wonder if it could just be dirty? Anyone else have this problem?

The switch is probably fine... there's a 99.7% chance it's the wiper control module. You'll have to take the plastic cowling off to reach the wiper motor. Unplug the connector, take out three torx screws and remove the black plastic cover. The circuit board that the connector plugs into is what gets replaced. $40 from most parts stores will fix your problem.

Hmmm....I just happen to be a part store lol. I'll have to check my server and see if I have a line on those. Thanks! Why do they continue to makes things so complicated? Whats wrong with the old way.

On my 05 Cummins the delay switch for the wipers are screwed up. Twist the knob and they work. Turn them off and on again, and they may or may not. Once your past the delay the regular slow and high works fine always. Anything obvious that could be wrong? Probably need to take it in for a new switch. Wonder if it could just be dirty? Anyone else have this problem?

Man, I'm retarded... I just paid more attention and realized I may have given you bum advice. Well, if you had a GM product it wouldn't have been bum advice, but none the less I do sincerely apologize! :eek:

Back