• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Windows based MP3 archive and player software

3500GMC

What T F, over
Reaction score
I've had it with this proprietary bullshit.

I want to wash my hands of Windows Media, I-tunes, and IPODS....

I want FULL CONTROL over bit rate on WAV to MP3 conversion, artwork etc.

Currently here is what I do: I go out and actually buy the CD of the Artists I like.(imagine that..) I then, after listening to the CD, do the WAV to MP3 conversion at 160Kb/sec and archive them into a separate drive on my computer. Right now I use windows media. This is for playback while near the computer, ripping files for the auto, Ipod etc.

I plan on buying a 'generic' MP3/MP4 Player that does not need some BS software. Then I would like a good MP3 utility that doesn't need,

a) connection with the internet
b) passwords for anything
c) 15 steps to go from WAV to MP3
d) to f'n take over my mp3 files..

A no BS, non-proprietary utility is all I need.

Any suggestions?

ttt

also I have a first generation silver Ipod mini 4gig and a black Ipod 4th generation Nano 8 gig for sale. Near perfect shape. 40 and 80 bucks respectively.

Done with Apple and their damn Itunes..

Last edited:
I cant stand Itunes either. But I like the ipod.

I've used a couple programs that essentially turn the ipod into a regular MP3 player for on and off loading tunes, but it retains all the things I like about the ipod (coverflow, scrolling, appearance, etc)

Sharepod is one (it's free) and I've got one (pay for) that does the same with mp3's, pictures and video's. Can't remember the name right now.

As to ripping, don't have any suggestions for ya there....

Back