• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Will this grill make my 98 Suburban look funny?

Gay, Ghetto, or...?
You might get a bunch of 'buenos' at 26th and California.

But that's just me...

Actually I think this belongs in the exterior forum so I'm gonna move it there. :D

I thought the same as Mike.

I need headlights. For the prices of the headlight restore kits, you can about buy aftermarket headlights.

The grill is broke on the 98 Suburban as well as the spacer.

Any grill recommendations would be appreciated.

Might have found a good used bumper complete with impact strips and mounting brackets.

I like the horizontal and/or grid all chrome grills in the LMC catalog better. It probably would look ok after you get use to it. But would depend on how much chrome you have. How is your paint shiny/gloss? Are mirrors and wheel well trim chrome? And rims?

It would look funny on my truck with steel wheels, farm/camper tripod mirrors, and black nerf bars. My paint is starting to show age with a few blemishes. If I put it on my truck it would be like lipstick on a pig I think. But might look good on a more showroom truck. In the eye of the beholder I guess.

Your thread title made me think of this picture:

Do-these-pants-make-my-butt-look-big-219x300.jpg

Personally for me,, I'd say, No,, it' looks to Lincoln/Mercury for me.
I think about the aftermarket headlights,,is the backer panels are always real flimsy, which make the lights seem to flicker around in the night.
Now if you took the new light housing and used them on your stock backers,, you'd be better off.

Personally for me,, I'd say, No,, it' looks to Lincoln/Mercury for me.
I think about the aftermarket headlights,,is the backer panels are always real flimsy, which make the lights seem to flicker around in the night.
Now if you took the new light housing and used them on your stock backers,, you'd be better off.

Thanks for the idea. I'll see how hard that is to do.

If you will get better head lights in the deal it might be worth it. I see a lot of Stall (sp?) tube grills around here in the GMT400's, kinda like the clean look.

I had a set of those headlights. Key word is had. They are garbage and don't light up the road very well. High beam worked well though. I even added driving lights just to see at night. I eventually sold them after 2 months. it may be that they work better with HID light bulbs but never tried. I recently installed an HID bulb in my motorcycle and may do the same for my truck at some point in the future.

Back