• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Will I lose mileage?

cgreen

Recruit
Reaction score
I want to go from 215/85 16's to 225's on my 06 dually. Will they rub and will I lose mileage? What would be a good tire to go with that would last 50k miles or so. My Generals have 36k on them and are at the end of the road.

I want to go from 215/85 16's to 225's on my 06 dually. Will they rub and will I lose mileage? What would be a good tire to go with that would last 50k miles or so. My Generals have 36k on them and are at the end of the road.

with your diesel you will likely not notice a very big difference in milage . Likey no running on the 225's either.

If your looking for a road tire the BFG rugged trails or even the mich Cross terrains would be a grerat choice. AT tire it's pretty hard to beat the BFG KO.

I put on 235/85R16E BFG AT's on my dually....I loaded up a trailer with a 10K lb Tracked Personnel Carrier (SnowCat)...they did not touch @ 80PSI and 16K on the trailer's rear axles...IIRC I had 8K on the drive axle.

With such a small change in size the only difference you will notice is between tire brands, I lost 2-3 mpg when I went to Cooper Discover ATR's, funnything was my old tires where off cheap off brand all-terrains too though so:confused:

Back