• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Will HMMWV rims fit my 2000 6.5 Chevy 3500?

Drago

Reaction score
Will HMMWV rims fit my 3500 2wd nondually? I live in a state that gets quite a bit of demilled surplus. Aren't they split rim? that would save me a trip to the tire shop.

Moderators feel free to cross post to any area frequented by USA/USMC wheel mechanics

Yes they are split rim with run flats inside. Old style was metal split rim with grease packs. New style is rubber.

They are also 16.5 and not 16. They also have about 4 different tire choices the Army uses for different style HMMWV's.

They are 8 lug rims. They will bold right on too a chevy/gmc truck 2500/3500 truck.

they have 7 inches of backspacing

Need spacers or dually hubs to get correct fit.

Hard to find 16.5 tires under 37 " so you'll need lift

correct bolt pattern but as stated above be aware of the massive backspacing. shouldn't be much of an issue out back but will need dually spacers up front.

Wheel selection is a 16.5" rim. Most truck tires are available in that size, not just the military take offs.

Make sure to get the new o-ring when you before you install new tires

well that's useful info.... If you guys read about a National Guard Hmmwv up on blocks, it weren't me :wall:

An easy place to get the wheels is on the cucv trailers. They sell pretty cheap sometimes, have a great axle, and great hydraulic brakes. many have hummwv rims and tires, usually in like new condition.

Back