• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Wife's new toy.

Very nice indeed, I bet those go good in the snow?
It does amazing. [emoji3] We took an all day trip on New Year's day and it never skipped a beat.
97a971821bd077133c78e67cfc2009ab.jpg
bda24171f0abb7382b52a35e920bafd9.jpg

They are fun machines. I owned several myself for "summer rigs" and honestly thats the only time I prefer to have a Wrangler. However my wife was bit by the bug after I sold mine and we were Wrangler-less for about 6 months. We then got her an 07 JK and as our first kid came along we traded that in for a 12 JKU.

3rd Brothers 89 YJ:
Z54QT0Q.jpg

2nd Brothers 98 TJ (Bad day):
3sQSgXw.jpg

(Much Better Day)
FK00y68.jpg

My old 97 TJ:
bogfBqm.jpg

Wifes old 07 JK:
D5QLxMR.jpg

Wifes current 12 JKU:
8X1UMbT.jpg

For you guys that like the new jeeps- new as in not a cj or a Willy’s- there is a company here in Vegas that does LS drop ins into jeeps. They can sell an entire done unit, to just selling you the parts you dont want to make from scratch and do trial and error on.

From the ones I saw- killer stuff. I was in my my hummer having climbed a pretty tough hill and stopped at the top just to scare my buddy. When a jeep asked if I was stuck and needed a tow. I said no and just cruised over the top, then he went down and came back up the same hill- impressive. Then 4 trucks all came over and tried unsuccessfully. The hill required great approach and departure angles and 36” or bigger tires. Pickups just couldn’t do it unless they were jacked up and chopped the end of the bed off. The jeep guy was there with another jeep that was hopped up 6 banger, and he couldn’t make it. The LS made the difference. That got me to start liking the new jeeps a lot more. It was like the first time driving a cj5 that had a 400 sbc in it- nice, and fast too.

For you guys that like the new jeeps- new as in not a cj or a Willy’s- there is a company here in Vegas that does LS drop ins into jeeps. They can sell an entire done unit, to just selling you the parts you dont want to make from scratch and do trial and error on.

From the ones I saw- killer stuff. I was in my my hummer having climbed a pretty tough hill and stopped at the top just to scare my buddy. When a jeep asked if I was stuck and needed a tow. I said no and just cruised over the top, then he went down and came back up the same hill- impressive. Then 4 trucks all came over and tried unsuccessfully. The hill required great approach and departure angles and 36” or bigger tires. Pickups just couldn’t do it unless they were jacked up and chopped the end of the bed off. The jeep guy was there with another jeep that was hopped up 6 banger, and he couldn’t make it. The LS made the difference. That got me to start liking the new jeeps a lot more. It was like the first time driving a cj5 that had a 400 sbc in it- nice, and fast too.
LS swaps are great. Relatively cheap horse power. And the support for them is great. I have an 02' Silverado in my back yard that I keep tossing the idea of using the whole drive train for something. [emoji3]

Will L, you mentioned the CJ-5, I knew several guys over the years that had those, big tires, full roll cages, 304 CI , V-8. First time I ever had a grand experience in one, I was about 19 years old, a buddy of mine had a cousin that had one. One Saturday evening he said hop in and we went up what appeared to be a near vertical cow pasture field, I couldn't imagine a vehicle climbing that hillside, to say the least it scared the crap out of me.

Back