• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

WIF light

Brooklyn Tow

9 11 Never Forget
Reaction score
In the 8 years i've owned this truck, the WIF light has never come on.....

Just recently, I checked with "key on" and still do not see a WIF light.

Bulb?

Any way to manually lite WIF bulb...(besides, filling the fuel manager w/ water?):nono:

Out of curiosity how often does the WIF come on, in say, a years time?

and/or how often do you service this whole WIF deal?

Thanks,

Louis, mine has never come on except with the ign. in the start position. Leo

Mine came on a few times after one fillip. I Instantly drained t-valve and light went off.

Good idea to fix it.

Open your t-valve and drain water often good practice.

If you've done damage due to no bulb, i'm sure you would already know it :)

The only time I have ever had the WIF light come on, it was too late....damage was done....

Does anyone drain from the T- valve as a regular maintenence procedure?

Only when I need some Diesel to clean the chains & cogs, on the 8 push bikes we have in the family...

The same as Leo, it only lights up when I start her up then goes out...

Does anyone drain from the T- valve as a regular maintenence procedure?
I never see the WIF light come on in either of mine, or I don't pay attention to it, I loaned out my manuals so I can't look it up to see if OBD-IIs are supposed to come on. I don't drain filter mgr on periodic basis, possibly should IMO if you get WIF lite it's too late, GM should have put a water sep filter on frame rail pre lift pump, I have one of those with clear bowl on the bottom, that I do drain, haven't put one on the burb yet as I have body/frame swap in the works on that one that takes priority over mods

I took fuel from the farm tank once and got it,drained filter and never saw it again.I dont think it lights with the key in my 96.

I just went out to the burb WIF did not come on at 1st, took multiple ignition cycles to get it to come on, so yes it can come on with key on in OBD-II, not sure it comes on every time. Sensor on my truck is disconnected since I remoted the filter mgr.

I get WIF light every key cycle on.

Very top left in red.

Interesting... Mines all stock around there. no FTB or anything but GOOD cleaning of the fuel bowl a few times.

Back