• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Wiccapedia information on 6.5

SnowDrift

Ultra Conservative. ULTRA!
Reaction score
According to this, the Optimizer should be 18:1 compression already (GEP/GEP). I don't find wiccapedia to be the best source of facts, but it does cause me to question this below.

1681837048559.png
I guess I thought only the marine engines were 18:1 right out of the gate. Bad information on the World Wide Web?

Didn't marine engines come with a turbo in OE configuration? If so, that might explain the lower compression. But, Yes, that source of information is like a stew of details and it is sometimes very tough to tell which combination goes with which.

I see the running joke of the Soot Trap is still on there. It's either a Catalytic converter clearly printed on the underhood emissions label or it doesn't have one. There is no Soot Trap only a failed converter say from eating antifreeze or other blown engine stuff that enters the exhaust over time.

You can edit Wikipedia. Anyone can sign up to do it. You could add on there it is a 15 cylinder with 7 turbos.

That isn’t the only mistake.
There were lower power engines listed.
The first marine engines were 18.5:1 not 18:1 and gm made way more than gep, and did not use the gm turbos. The fact someone put in the term “gm x” means they are picking up into from forums.

Skim through some examples:

Have no time to mess with correcting the Wiki 'facts'. I use that site for a high level overview which is good enough. Yes, anybody can edit to correct missing / missleading / outright incorrect information. But the platform is known to have zealots whom quickly reverse the corrections in order to restore their missing / missleading / outright incorrect content. No thanks. That is why we have dedicated forums :)

Have no time to mess with correcting the Wiki 'facts'. I use that site for a high level overview which is good enough. Yes, anybody can edit to correct missing / missleading / outright incorrect information. But the platform is known to have zealots whom quickly reverse the corrections in order to restore their missing / missleading / outright incorrect content. No thanks. That is why we have dedicated forums :)
CORRECT SIR. And I get tired of fixing some of the important ones like this before and after:

IMG_7858.pngIMG_7859.jpeg

Back in the 2000's, I was a click away from renaming the San Andreas Fault to Bushes Fault.
Then I remembered I had a security background update coming up, didn't want to get zinger for "hacking" lol.
As far as the diesels, I think my 6.2 is 20:1.
I've known there's been debate over which is better. I can't recall where but I've read 20:1 was preferable for turbos. Makes more power, but the engine needs proper prep.

Back