• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

who's using Fuelly?

trouttrooper

Big Blocks ROCK!!!
Reaction score
I'm having a brain fart. I want to add my fuelly info in my signature like I've seen some of you guys to, but can't do it for some reason. I can attach the link, but it doesn't show any of the details. Just shows the link to my page. What obvious thing am I missing?

Go to your Vehicles Main Profile Page, Scroll to the Bottom, and you'll See Twitter, Facebook, Ect... Icons. Click the one that looks like a Badge. You'll See your Options there.

I'm not a big fan of the extra length added to signatures...makes for a lot of unnecessary scrolling

Thanks guys. My life is complete now. Well, maybe not quite......

385 fill ups?! Geeze! Lol. I thought I had alot, guess I need to drive more! I'd say you have your average mpg figured out pretty well!

Edit: I just looked and you cheat w/ quite a few small top offs but you do have alot of miles logged still.

:hihi:

I've kept a log book of fuel ups since I bought the truck new. That's all 7 years of fuel ups posted. There are a handful of errors along the way, mainly not noting when I didn't fill it up all the way. A lot of times I'll know the next town's gas prices will be .30c cheaper then where I am now, but I don't have enough to make it so I'll put in just enough to get there. There's also times I flat don't have the money to fill it all the way. The total average isn't affected, but individual mpg's can be off. I've tried to go through the data and clean it up as best as I can. It should be pretty darn accurate for all the years. Also goes to show my mpg doesn't really change much loaded or empty.

Before the Impala died I was going to import all those fuel ups too. All 180,000 miles worth. That would have trumped the truck big time :D

In my records it was averaging 26-27 mpg, so roughly 2.5 times better mileage. It had gone down the last 7 months. Most likely indicating the beginning of the demise. Bought the Impala shortly after the truck so I had both for about 7 years. Truck put on 70,000 miles. Car put 180,000 miles. Had my Cherokee there for a few of those years that we put about 50,000 miles on. Without the Jeep those miles would have been on the truck. At 20 mpg vs 10 mpg the Jeep more than paid for itself by keeping unnecessary miles off the truck. My Saturn is now the vehicle keeping the miles off the truck. Well, not quite as I'm short one Impala right now so my wife is temporarily driving the truck to work.

In my records it was averaging 26-27 mpg, so roughly 2.5 times better mileage. It had gone down the last 7 months. Most likely indicating the beginning of the demise. Bought the Impala shortly after the truck so I had both for about 7 years. Truck put on 70,000 miles. Car put 180,000 miles. Had my Cherokee there for a few of those years that we put about 50,000 miles on. Without the Jeep those miles would have been on the truck. At 20 mpg vs 10 mpg the Jeep more than paid for itself by keeping unnecessary miles off the truck. My Saturn is now the vehicle keeping the miles off the truck. Well, not quite as I'm short one Impala right now so my wife is temporarily driving the truck to work.

Get another saturn if the impala dies. :thumbsup:

Since 23 August 2009 I have put 21,212 miles on my truck. Of course I was deployed for 1 year during that time.

eh, one saturn is enough. I want a bigger car for our long distance road trip vehicle. The Impala did die, I'm down a vehicle in our fleet :(

define died, a 3800 isnt dead till a rod is hanging out the side. long live the 3800, the best modern v-6 car engine on the planet.

define died, a 3800 isnt dead till a rod is hanging out the side. long live the 3800, the best modern v-6 car engine on the planet.

you ain't lying either...those are some tough as engines...that GranPrix GTP(supercharged) my wife had was fast and bullet proof and that was with programming and an underdrive pulley...torque steer was bad though with all that power.

OK, technically not dead but beyond my ability to repair because I have no garage and it's blowing, snowing, and 5 degrees outside. The handful of shops I called for estimates were around $1500 with majority being labor.

Major issues:

Blown intake manifold gasket: oil in radiator, coolant in oil
Cracked front exhaust manifold
Cracked rear exhaust manifold

Minor "issues", mainly just more cost to get the car running properly again.

Brakes all around
Rear O2 sensor
Tires
Alignment

Don't worry, I'm looking at a Pontiac Bonneville, Oldsmobile LSS, and a Buick on Craigslist all with the 3.8 to replace the Impala. All have at least 100,000 miles less than what our Impala had and around $2k. Can't find any 3.8 Impalas in my price range right now.

I bet you do :hihi:

I just looked at a 2004 Impala LS this afternoon. Very good condition :thumbsup: Wish I had money right now.

Back