• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Whoops!

Yup. The tensioned needed to be replaced when I changed the belt nearly 100,000 miles ago. Bet the idlers needed to be replaced as well. The smooth idler decided to free itself from the bearing.

People hardly ever give those pulleys a second thought until they explode. I wish the spring loaded tensioner was in a more visible location to make it easier to inspect.

Hopefully it didn't leave you stranded anywhere.

Yup, mine took a dump last summer. Thank God napa had the parts to fix it on a sunday. Ended up buying just the bearing and pressing it myself but also bought a gm one to keep behind the seat just in case.

Thankfully it didn't leave me stranded anywhere. I had my cousin order me the parts through his garage so I could get them cheaper. They had some trouble locating the poly-cog belt and the tensioner that came in was just the wheel. I changed the idler that exploded and the one that was destined to. I was going to just drive it down like that because the tensioner didn't actually malfunction yet. Well, it was getting ready to in my driveway so I just drove the envoy down. All set now. The new tensioner looks real chinsy compared to the factory one. But it sure does have a lot more spring to it. Everything is running smooth for now. Except for smoking like a bastard. Thanks for the replies guys, long time no see!

Back