• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Whoops!!!

TANK'S 250

Black Ops Bumpers
Reaction score
My buddy lost his truck Thursday night(late)

It WAS a nice 85 Chevy silverado, 6" lift, 35's, solid axle, leather interior, power everything, built 350 block.

They went 4 wheeling in our normal spot, I couldn't make it out, and well....

We know that after a rain, it is extremely slippery here in Louisiana, and this particular spot can get "hairy" if you're not careful....

I almost lost my truck the same way,...in the same spot....only had 6" to go,...and my truck would have be gone forever........but I got lucky that time.......

...well....he didn't.

If they would have just called me,...I know I could have saved it,....because my other buddies F250 didn't have lockers,...and his truck couldn't get it out that night,...and they finally stopped when the Chevy driver blew the motor,....not because of the water,...but because of the angle of the truck,....the engine got no oil,..and seized up hard.....so they went back the next day,...and it had slid further in.

When they finally did call,...it was to borrow my straps for recovering it.

Before:

Photo0131.jpg

during,....and after.....BTW.....it is almost 12 foot deep in the middle.

Photo0302.jpg

Photo0306.jpg

Photo0301.jpg

Photo0299.jpg

Photo0308.jpg

He already took out the motor,...it's dead,...and he's looking for a new one in the junk yard....not to mention a new bed...it got pretty damaged from thurday night.

here are a couple video's of the retrieval......

in case you are wondering,...there is a road in front of the F250,...he was just running it into the woods...LOL

http://s405.photobucket.com/albums/...hort round/?action=view&current=themiddle.flv

http://s405.photobucket.com/albums/...d Short round/?action=view&current=Theend.flv

and here is another buddy a couple months ago,..this shows you how slick it is..

http://s405.photobucket.com/albums/...009- Jobe/?action=view&current=JobeBRAKES.flv

http://s405.photobucket.com/albums/.../2009- Jobe/?action=view&current=JobeTree.flv

An '85 Chevy with a solid axle! I hope so, lol. ):h

That was a sharp lookin truck. I take it that it wouldn't work to drag him out the way he went in?

The first video the guy needed video holding instructions.):h I can still remember that slick shit down there. Hope I never get stationed again.

An '85 Chevy with a solid axle! I hope so, lol. ):h

That was a sharp lookin truck. I take it that it wouldn't work to drag him out the way he went in?

nope...wasn't possible,...when they tried to pull him straight out,..all it did was slide down the bank for 100ft...

look at this pic and you can see how it wouldn't pop out,..all it did was drag it down the side..

Photo0306.jpg

Yeah, kinda what I figured. Still surprised the motor blew though. Even though it's sitting on and angle oil should be pumping around the engine.

Nice looking truck, these hobbies are expensive. He is lucky the Ford didnt roll him the truck over when he was yanking on it. You can see the right rear wheel coming off the ground. Several guys in our club have rolled over from the very same thing, we were pulling on one fella uphill but sideways to pull him out and ended up pulling him over on his roof. One would never think you could roll a truck over uphill yanking with a strap.

nice looking truck! Is he sure the motor blew looks like he just filled the motor with water I would drain all fluids and pull all the plugs put fresh oil in and flush the motor with oil to get all the water out.

agreed on testing the motor. pull the plugs, change fluids, crank it over a few times with no plugs in, reinstall plugs and try to fire it up. also check under the distributor cap/rotor for any water/mud, wouldnt be surprised.

ok...this was already discussed,..motor blew,...new motor was purchased the next day..

That is a sad sight to see... and it looks a bit familiar. These days are never fun. I got to bring the winch cable out to Dave to get him out.

Attachments

• 1115081053.jpg
    1115081053.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 0
  • DSCN0293.jpg
    DSCN0293.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 0
Back