• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Who made this running gear?

Michaeljp86

EVIL GENIUS
Reaction score
I bought a little gravity wagon and want to paint it. I found some original green paint and thought it may be a JD but I cant figure it out. The hubs are made by electric wheel company, they say EWC 0701 cast into them. Anyone have any idea on who made this? I would hate to paint it red if its a JD. Somone slopped it with asphault aluminum, thats why its silver.

Attachments

• DSC00526.jpg
    DSC00526.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 28
  • DSC00527.jpg
    DSC00527.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 22
  • DSC00529.jpg
    DSC00529.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 26
  • DSC00527 (2).jpg
    DSC00527 (2).jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 27
  • DSC00525 (2).jpg
    DSC00525 (2).jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 26
Not sure. Didn't look like JD paint to me. Maybe Oliver? What kind of bed is it? Is it a KillBros?

I cant say what the gravity box is, the decal is gone. The decal was a big rectangle in the center on the back with a SMV on the left corner.

I heard electric built running gear for oliver so that may be it but Id like to find out for sure. The rims were black but could be replacement rims. I wish I could fnd somone with teh same set of gear who knew what it is.

Chances are the gravity box isnt made by the same company as the running gear. Most gravity boxes are bought as boxes and running gear is added at dealership, at least back in the day. That running gear looks to be like the Oliver set up we have, but its really hard to tell. I would Paint it green.

Chances are the gravity box isnt made by the same company as the running gear. Most gravity boxes are bought as boxes and running gear is added at dealership, at least back in the day. That running gear looks to be like the Oliver set up we have, but its really hard to tell. I would Paint it green.

If I got you more pictures could you look at your oliver gear and see if its the same?

I once had a Monkey Wards gear that looked alot like that. Currently have a 10 ton Oliver that's nothing like that.

I once had a Monkey Wards gear that looked alot like that. Currently have a 10 ton Oliver that's nothing like that.

Somone else said they thought it was a montgomary ward, I sepelled that wrong. ):h

What color was a montgomary?

Someone else said it looked like a parker, I never heard of them.

If I cant figure it out it will be red with white rims.

Montgomery Wards I've seen (and one I had) were old and usually faded red. I never thought about the Parkers. That's probably a 6 ton Parker. We've got several around here and they were all kind of a medium to light green. Almost chartruse.

Montgomery Wards I've seen (and one I had) were old and usually faded red. I never thought about the Parkers. That's probably a 6 ton Parker. We've got several around here and they were all kind of a medium to light green. Almost chartruse.

Think the parker paint was more of a JD green and faded that color?

Do your parkers have the curved front spindle like this?

The 6T Parkers have the curved spindle. The color of the newer parkers I remember is damn near the same as you have on the top of your jack stands. Mighty convenient of you to have that there...:D

The 6T Parkers have the curved spindle. The color of the newer parkers I remember is damn near the same as you have on the top of your jack stands. Mighty convenient of you to have that there...:D

Thats JD green from when my dad painted the JD 1010 about 18 years ago.

Its probably a parker then, what color rims did they use?

I figured they were either white or yellow. I was at a auction today and there was a lot of hay wagons there. None had running gear like mine but one was red and used the same hubs and had curved spindles.

Back