• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Who has these roof lights?

Louisianarebel

Fits gonna hit the SHan soon
Reaction score
ppp-20-265s_w.jpg

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/PPP-20-265S
I want some but i want to see them at night first.. I think they have LEDs going all the way across the middle one.

I have some of the NBS factory ones like that, but those looked smoked?

I haven't ever put them on yet though.

Have you looked at the clearance lights by recon? I believe they are cheaper and look better, in my humble opinion. LED as well.

Those sure look close to the lights on my 08, and they are oem. I'll look at them in the next day or so when I get the truck in the shop for a LOF

Gonna get the smoked recon ones now.. well, my GF is gonna get them for my bday.

I saw those and the smoked recon's running around here. I like the recon's better the way the led lights show up. These are so dark the lights look like tiny led's on the roof and there is a lot of black plastic in between. I think they would only look good on a black truck. I am not a fan of any of the chevy block style center lights. I still like the individual lights. I am looking for a low profile clear/amber led light that will disappear on my white roof in the daytime. It doesn't necessarily have to be "clearance" lights so to speak. Not worried about mounting or wiring either, ( I used to wire police/sheriff cars form start to completed unit so I am no stranger to doing this right). Anybody come across a good source for lights besides recon or ledlightsdotcom? I have been checking all of the truck stops as I pass also.

I have the smoked recons on mine and the led's look good.I junked the toggle and wire that came with it and made my own.I also had the 3rd brake light form recon.Its complete junk...dont buy it.Ill see if i can find some pics of it when it was full of water,glad i kept my stocker.Hell I actually think its brighter than the recon brake light

I have the smoked recons on mine and the led's look good.I junked the toggle and wire that came with it and made my own.I also had the 3rd brake light form recon.Its complete junk...dont buy it.Ill see if i can find some pics of it when it was full of water,glad i kept my stocker.Hell I actually think its brighter than the recon brake light

Dont buy what recon part? Have pics of them at night?

Shes definitely a keeper
l_38c939dbcd2749b3b536e8d16d4187d8.jpg

Not sure if I have any night pics but ill take a gander.And Im talking about the third brake light on the rear of the cab.

:D C'mon you know you like it. I really need to get my additional lights installed. I've got cab lights and the dually clearance light to install. Additionally I've got the cabin filter mod and some interior lighting to work on. Not enough time with school...bleh.

I need to re do my reverse lights, change trans filter, clean the thing, and save up for trans, go to school, and start my business. :redneck:

I had the gun bug, now i'm back on the truck bug. haha

:D C'mon you know you like it. I really need to get my additional lights installed. I've got cab lights and the dually clearance light to install. Additionally I've got the cabin filter mod and some interior lighting to work on. Not enough time with school...bleh.

Hate to threadjack, but cabin filter mod? Do tell.

Hate to threadjack, but cabin filter mod? Do tell.

In '03ish (I think, not for sure) GM stopped putting cabin filters in our trucks. the 99-02 GMT-800s had them. They reside in the air box on the passenger side behind the glove box. They are accessed by removing that big kick panel/cover that surrounds the ducting. Then there is a plastic cover/door that is approximately 6" long x 1" wide. The ONLY thing that the manufacturer of the airbox did was fill in the hole that the filter slides into. You can see the outline where the hole should be and if you dremel that little bit out you can see where the filter slides in. After some time with a dremel all you need to do is buy the cover, a screw, and the filter.

GM cut a lot of things out of the 03+ trucks...I can't remember all of them but the two things that piss me off the most are the lack of that filter and the lack of the lower door edge weatherstripping.

In '03ish (I think, not for sure) GM stopped putting cabin filters in our trucks. the 99-02 GMT-800s had them. They reside in the air box on the passenger side behind the glove box. They are accessed by removing that big kick panel/cover that surrounds the ducting. Then there is a plastic cover/door that is approximately 6" long x 1" wide. The ONLY thing that the manufacturer of the airbox did was fill in the hole that the filter slides into. You can see the outline where the hole should be and if you dremel that little bit out you can see where the filter slides in. After some time with a dremel all you need to do is buy the cover, a screw, and the filter.

GM cut a lot of things out of the 03+ trucks...I can't remember all of them but the two things that piss me off the most are the lack of that filter and the lack of the lower door edge weatherstripping.

Under hood light http://www.merchant-automotive.com/underhoodlightkit.aspx , Done that, Floorboard lights, Did that too.

Back