• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Who Has Painted There Bowtie?

I painted mine to match the color of my truck. Dark spiral gray. Got a small spray can from the dealership.

Painted mine with the same paint but oilfield roads kicked the crap out of it, let alone my whole front end. I redid it and covered it with 3m stone guard. Seems to be holding up.

So it sounds like krylon fusion is the way to go as for durability?

I have a billet grille insert that I was thinking about painting black -

What do you guys think? I have recently (as you can tell by my garage pics) went on a huge white/black kick and kinda tired of the billet front end...

Suggestions?

i painted mine took me a hour just to tape it off. i have gmc logo . used a plastic paint metalic black and then i cleared it looks tities pictures in garage.

Looking into having mine coated in black chrome, if that doesn't work then I will probably just get it pwodercoated/annodized so i don't have to work about it chipping.

i painted mine gloss black but it turns out i did it the total wrong way. i prepped and painted the outside of the clear shell when i should have seperated the two peices and painted the inside ofthe clear shell. now the pain is chipping and ill have to order a new bowtie in order to do it right

So it sounds like krylon fusion is the way to go as for durability?

I have a billet grille insert that I was thinking about painting black -

What do you guys think? I have recently (as you can tell by my garage pics) went on a huge white/black kick and kinda tired of the billet front end...

Suggestions?
Krylon fusion is for plastic.
i painted mine gloss black but it turns out i did it the total wrong way. i prepped and painted the outside of the clear shell when i should have seperated the two peices and painted the inside ofthe clear shell. now the pain is chipping and ill have to order a new bowtie in order to do it right
That's how I plan on doing mine too.

Mines painted...but not by me:D

vbpgimage.php

anyone know how much a new bowtie would be or where i could get one? dont really wanna ask the dealership, thinkin it will be way too muchm lol

anyone know how much a new bowtie would be or where i could get one? dont really wanna ask the dealership, thinkin it will be way too muchm lol

Are you wanted a painted one? If so, your local body shop will do that..

Back