• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

White 1855 143-998-190 garden Tractor

treegump

Romans 3:22-24
Reaction score
Traded the truck for a White MTD 1855

143-998-190

Serial: 1E063H50006

Rear Tires - 27 x 9.50 - 15

Carb is finicky, as it won't idle, and the shaft driven deck is vibrating too crazy to mow.

It has a 3 pt, cat 0, hitch. I had to remove the components to close my shed door. But all 3 pieces came with

Currently looking for atv tires and/or tire chains before I get a chance to find or make a grader box and/or blade. And a tune-up kit. What hydraulic fluid and engine oil should I use?20200408_194234.jpg20200408_194238.jpg20200408_194244.jpgScreenshot_20200408-200031_Facebook.jpgScreenshot_20200408-200036_Facebook.jpgScreenshot_20200408-200042_Facebook.jpgScreenshot_20200408-200047_Facebook.jpgScreenshot_20200408-200052_Facebook.jpgScreenshot_20200408-200058_Facebook.jpgScreenshot_20200408-200105_Facebook.jpg

Last edited:
I don't know how much I'll use the tractor to mow as I also have a 3rd (?) gen Swisher Big Mow that is SUPER handy for my small lot.

However, I do hope to make some attachments and use it to tidy up my property/alley, as well as use to help with moving firewood at different families' properties.

That sounds to Me like a good deal. I wonder what engine the JD has ? I THINK some of those had a Kawasaki engine, I`m not sure what years and models those were though.

The 316 has a single loop hydraulic system in the front, and was powered by a 16 or 18hp motor. I asked a JD mechanic friend if it was a good deal and when he said it was if the tractor is running good - I approved the trade offer. But yet to hear back from that person.

There's a 9N with a Sherman transmission that might also be interested in it. But - we'll see. I would have to throw a 6x10 box trailer in, and not sure I want to do that combo deal yet.

In other news - got the tire chains for the MTD - and also started the thread on the tire weight - either for this or a tractor if I trade up.

A friend over hee has an old 9N Ford tractor. He rounded up an old kit and installed a flat head Ford V8 into the tractor. He also has chrome stacks out each side of the engine. Now, a flathead V8 has an unmistakable sound all its own, but, with the stacks out each side makes that old tractor sound like the sweetest running engine in the world.
YUP, Ford tractor dealers used to be able to get the kits for the V8 conversion.

The JD316 is 4 times the tractor of any MTD. The frame alone is way stronger. As a bonus, I have a spare 318 that is a good source of parts and a deep 50 deck I don't need. All at very reasonable prices because it would be for you Forest. Do the deal!

The guy with the 316 said he's still interested but it started leaking gas yesterday. Depending on how bad it's leaking, it should still be alright.

Use that as a bargaining chip. My 318 is complete. The sheetmetal isn't pretty and the motor is plum tuckered out but everything else is good.

The guy with the 316 said he's still interested but it started leaking gas yesterday. Depending on how bad it's leaking, it should still be alright.
When I rebuilt My 110 JD round fender it had the hood left open, the fuel gauge/cap had cracked, the tank got a lot of water in it, filled the float bowl and crushed the float from freezing. the lower portions of the fuel tank looked like a sieve it had so many holes rusted through. It was all easily fixable with kits and a ebay fuel tank. I guess I should throw a battery in the old thing, jack it up and get a set of tires on it, get it out of the shed and snap a few pics of it. The tractor had belonged to My cousins dad, then My cousin, He brought it over for Me to restore. In the meantime His health went down hill real fast and He told me to keep it. I guess I could start a thread on it and not clutter up Your thread treegump.

And now I am thinking of selling My white tractor and the 1970 JD 110 round fender and buying a JD X320 that has the turbo unit on the mower discharge and also has a nice snow blower with it. It is a 2007, has 540 hours and is slightly over $3400.00.
The tractor is at the JD dealer in Glendive Mt and that's about 80 miles from where I live.
I sent them an email and time will tell if they reply back. With this covid stuff a person just dont know. I do know that the JD dealer here in town will answer the phone from 7:00am until 8:00am and if someone needs parts they will not get into the store. The parts will be brought out to the customer and transactions done in that method.

Back