• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

WHINING NOISE

UNFADABLESI

Reaction score
I HAVE A 2006 F250 6.0 WHEN I TOW MY TOYHAULER GOING UP THE HILLS I START HEARING A WHINING NOISE AT TIMES PRETTY LOUD ALSO GET LIKE A COOLANT SMELL COMING THROUGH THE INSIDE. THE FORD DEALER CANT SEEM TO "DUPLICATE MY CONCERN" ANY IDEAS WHAT IT COULD BE?

Does the whining noise sound like a dying walrus? Check all of the intercooler boots and clamps. There maybe a pinhole in one of them, when boost builds, the boot expands and lets some of the boost out. It's worth looking into. Make sure all of those clamps are tight as well, if one's just a hair loose, it can make the same noise. As far as the coolant smell, look for leaks...it's coming from somewhere under there! Good luck.

I get it too....From what I was told it was the EGR system....I hate it, it pisses me off!! I need to get the delete kit and see if it goes away

Back