• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

whine/growl....

whitetrash21

Put on the damn helmet day........
Reaction score
the trans is on its way out... that i know. question i have is this: will a worn or slippin tc cause a high pitched growl or low whine sound when the truck is under power?? that would be mine.... it seems to go quiet when i let off the go pedal, comes right back when i press it....

just curiouos, not really sure what else it could be. since the trans has been progressively gettin worse, i've noticed the sound becoming more pronounced, even so much as to be felt through the pedals as a faint vibration.

=O
Whoa! thats some gnarly sheites there!

My guess is that it would be the lockup going out. Your pads are grinding, just like driving a clutch with the clutch half out.

Just a guess though

time to spend some money wes. then you can keep the go pedal down all the time....

no doubt..... tranny's aint cheap though.:eek:11::smilielol5:

What does the fluid in the transfer case look like, Wes? I assume that you have ruled out the dreaded pump rub...

trans fluid doesn't look burnt but it smells bad. probably gettin there. just did the flush about 12k ago.

pump rub isn't an issue on mine.... :D... 2wd

i dont know what else it could be. something motor related?? :wtf: .. i cant tell where its comin from. you cant hear it at idle or when the truck's in N or P and revvin. it only sounds off when trucks in gear and movin with the r's up. thats what brought me to the trans conclusion.... i know its goin, i was just wonderin what the sound was..... u joints and carrier area all fairly new, and it seems to be coming from the front of the vehicle, not the rear.

im outa ideas unless someone else has some......

Back