• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Which resistor to use

6.5td1994

Reaction score
I'm going to replace my PMD and I was just wondering what your guys advise would be. If I replace with the stock size I know that I will not have to worry about possible damaging other things. If I go with the #9 resistor what are the risk. Will the #9 help in the fuel milage department?

I have only had this truck for about 8 months and would like to make some simple back yard up grades. Does anybody have any suggestions?

you won't be able to tell any difference between the resistors. mainly used for trimming the ips during calibration

I went from 21 to 18 MPG, BUUUTTTTT, I got a slight bump in acceleration and when I replaced the ERG manifold with a non EGR manifold got a little improvement my MPG and some acceleration. Someone posted the PMD resets itself after a number of starts before the new resistor is polled

X2 on AK.

Welcome to TTS, got pics of your truck?

Check my site when you have a minute.

Back