• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

which PMD is better?

vstech

Reaction score
I want to get a NEW PMD, and a quality relocation kit... the ebay junk I have failed 2 times, and I'm sick of it.

leroy send me the info on what I NEED!

I just wanna know if Stanadyne is better than flight systems or not...

I have 3 stanadyne PMD's that are used, and work, but each has a glitch of its own to deal with... I want NEW and SOLIDLY relocated...

thanks!

IMO go with Flight Systems. They have better warranty and cost less, also I'm seeing less warranty returns with them, but it is very slight. I might get 2-4 Stanadyne warranties a year where I get 1-2 Flight Systems and I sell more Flight systems too.

Thank you much!

I ordered the flight systems kit, and will happily install it when it arrives.

next, I need to get the upgraded battery cables...

the starter is a little slow in the mornings...

OK thank you.
I got an order for just a PMD & Res not a whole kit. Are you in Wi ?

In my opinion Flight Systems is better. I would stay away from Dorman made in China PMD's. They are cheap but I have heard very mixed reviews about their performance and longevity

Yea sorry had you confused with another order that came in same time. Yours mailed about two hours ago. Thanks again.
Let us know what you think of it.

ok, I got this installed last night.

the truck idles and operates MUCH smoother... I was not expecting smoother running... odd. it feels more powerfull by the PANTSOMETER... although, I also replaced the PCV gadget on the valve cover, and cleaned all the battery terminals... of course, it STARTS better, now that the cables are not dirty and arcing to each other... but WOW, I was NOT expecting this big an improvement in vehicle performance...

only thing I'd change in the kit is, you sealed the screw heads, and the PMD to heat sink with a glue/sealant... I'd also seal the holes that house the screws on the other end... eliminate ANY moisture from attacking the screws!

Great!. You got the special HO PMD:joke:
Glad its running better.

Metal discs are HID bulb adapters.

ah... ok, no idea why I got them in my order, but I was RACKING my brain trying to figure what to do with them on the PMD...

IMO go with Flight Systems. They have better warranty and cost less, also I'm seeing less warranty returns with them, but it is very slight. I might get 2-4 Stanadyne warranties a year where I get 1-2 Flight Systems and I sell more Flight systems too.

I just went through this. I called Leroy directly from the number on his website. What a great guy!

The Flight Systems PMD showed up quickly and it is running perfectly.

I did need to go to Radio Shack to pick up thermal compound. I like it better than using those so-called "thermal transfer pad" that they ship with the FSD/PMD.

The old PMD (regular old Stanadyne) lasted for 10 years. Not bad!

Good luck!

Rob :)

Back