• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

which line goes where?

Reaction score
Ok...I just finished replacing my oem crap oil lines with 5/8 high pressure hydraulic hose. It what was available, had to use several different ends to get the oem cooler to work. Not hard, but had to rehab the mounting bracket and modify the inner grill to make it all fit.
The whole job took 4 hours including runs to auto store. When I was done the cooler is in backwards and I am not sure what line went where but no leaks. I got to thinking, does it matter which line goes where? Does it matter which way the cooler sits? :skep:

Ok... but had to rehab the mounting bracket and modify the inner grill to make it all fit.
When I was done the cooler is in backwards Does it matter which way the cooler sits? :skep:
That is why you had to mod the grille. Turn the cooler back around. I did the same thing. It will fit either way but only clears the grill one way. It should not matter which line goes where AFAIK.

I read through all the threads on doing this mod. Seemed like everyone I read said that the cooler is a -12, and to use a -12x-10 male reducer on cooler end and a 3/8 x -10 90* on the block end. Come to find out the cooler on a 93 is actually a -8 (actually it is JIC) so had to use several other fittings to get it all together and it would only fit reversed.

Back