• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Which is better: gmpartsdistributor.com or gmpartsdirect.com?

GM Guy

Manual Trans. 2WD Enthusiast
Reaction score
Like the title says, which one is better? I just found the gmpartsdistributor one, and was wondering if anyone had any experience with them.

I know they have to make a buck, but still, some of the GMPD shipping & handling is crazy!

Well, i sort of answered my own question, GM parts direct, as compared to GM parts distributor and partszoneonline, always seems to come out on top as far as price. i threw an list of five products together, and GMPD had the cheapest final price.

Now we get to see how customer service and packaging is! :thumbsup:

thanks for the replys.

Well, i asked opinion on GMPD on the FSC site, and they are w/ you guys on the fact that GMPD isn't great.

So i chickened out on GMPD and am now thinking of going w/ partszoneonline, or, as FSC members recommended, rockauto.com

although, since partszone online is ran out of a Chrysler dealer, i would be happier going w/ them.

That raises another question, since they are only chrysler, how can they get Gm parts?

Any other sites reccomended, or is the concensus partszoneonline.com?

Do any of them have illustrated parts diagrams and GM part numbers online?

gmpartsdistributor does a fair job with search. rockauto.com does better.

I am heading back from college, and would like to wrench on my truck the whole time, so i might go partszoneonline just cause you guys say it ships quick.

I hope you guys are right about quick shipping! ):h I just bought the door actuator to fix my thumping vents.

still going to buy a cheap part on GMPD so i can get a free GMPP catalog.

Back