• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Which Bio equipment to buy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DunesRunner08

Banned
Reaction score
So I am very serious and I am looking to buy the equipment to make my own bio-diesel. I was talking with fuel miser but they pissed me off. Who makes the best DIY equipment for the best price?

You do, if you can find the time. I have been back and forth on this one and currently have been taking WVO to a friend of mine for him to make BD. He has been running it in his '05 Cummins and I have 40 miles on a tank right now in my '05. I have added a second filter in front of fuel cooler as you have seen elsewhere I'm sure, but his setup is very simple. He does not wash the fuel only filters it and does the Meth/lye reaction(transestrification). The tough part is moving around the oil and or findng it when you need it. His whole precessor takes up about a 4'x5' area in garage and since it is so warm here you really don't need to heat it in the summer. I am going to try and take pics this week but we are having a baby on Thurs. so probably won't be around for a while right after. I have three weeks off after baby and will hopefully be working on my setup while off of work.

I don't want to do a WVO system...I want true Bio-Diesel and I also don't want to run the risk of "F"in it up. I want a complete system but I don't want a POS one, I need a nice system....

Went yesterday and checked out his setup...crap. It is a WVO blending setup and does NOT remove glycerin. There is no chemical reaction so all that junk is going through his system. I am now searching for an "appleseed" kit that provides everything needed for a setup. There is a few that include electric water heater and wash tank that looks like it will work. Hoping what I added to my truck turns out ok.

Last edited:
Don't forget you have to fill out road tax forms at the end of the year, most people who run bio diesel don't do that.

Over on DP's marketplace, blksmok has a really nice looking brand new kit for $3400. He's in Mesa, AZ as well. Footprint is 2' x 4'. If it wasn't so far from me I'd be tempted to get it myself.

Bio

I would make sure you will have access to a good long lasting source of fry oil.
Here in Tn. you can't get the oil from anyone, not even the guys who are collecting it. I have two 100 gal tanks and one 300 gal tank, my other equip and stainless tanks are still in Louisana, I can't see hauling it up here if I can't use it.MILD BILL:mad2:

Bill,
I just caught up with this thread. Did you ever pick up a processor? I'm friends with a guy who makes custom bio processors. I have one of his that's my own personal processor and I have another smaller one in my garage right now waiting for a guy to come up with the money. It's $2500 and can process up to 40 gallons per batch. Looks just like my personal system only with smaller tanks.

Here is a pic of my setup. Bio.jpg

Let me know if you want more info.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back