• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Where to send injectors for rebuild and pop pressures set?

Jorge6.5

Reaction score
I would like to have my original injectors rebuilt, I swapped them out with rebuilt ones about a year ago and want the originals for back ups.

No shops near me deal with the 6.5 mechanical injectors. Looking to hear where you guys send yours off to, to be rebuilt.

I'm looking for a reputable shop to redo the injectors but don't want to spend as much as new or rebuilt injectors.

Thanks very much guys.

Good luck. I bought new ones from my diesel shop and had them adjust the pop pressure. It was about $650. I have since sold the burb and still have the old injectors if anyone needs them for rebuilding.

I have never used them but I found them in this forum from somebody that have sent injectors to them:

Diesel Equipment Sales and Service.
578 E. Main, Potterville, MI 48876
517 645-7684

John @ Unique Diesel did my pump @ injectors w/new Bosch marine 311 tips ( yes real Bosch) I have his # & email if you want it... he is in TX.

Got a set of marines from a local shop last Summer:

Arundel Diesel
507 Shaw Ct Severn, MD 21144
(410) 969-3399

Yes they speak 6.5, and would have just as easily sent Bosch's (new or reman'd) to my mechanic were I a little quicker on the ball and had not simply given guidance to overhaul the fuel system in preparation for using the Burb to tow. Owner is a smart business operator and will make recommendations, but gladly do what the customer wants.

Thanks for all the suggestions guys!

John @ Unique Diesel did my pump @ injectors w/new Bosch marine 311 tips ( yes real Bosch) I have his # & email if you want it... he is in TX.

How quick is their turn around time? Was the price reasonable? I would appreciate their contact info. Thanks

Thanks for all the suggestions guys!

How quick is their turn around time? Was the price reasonable? I would appreciate their contact info. Thanks

Got a set of marines from a local shop last Summer:

Arundel Diesel
507 Shaw Ct Severn, MD 21144
(410) 969-3399

Yes they speak 6.5, and would have just as easily sent Bosch's (new or reman'd) to my mechanic were I a little quicker on the ball and had not simply given guidance to overhaul the fuel system in preparation for using the Burb to tow. Owner is a smart business operator and will make recommendations, but gladly do what the customer wants.

What's your fuel economy with the marine nozzles? I have them in my '99 and I've never been able to match the fuel economy of the '94 or the wrecked '95, both of which have 4.10 rears while the '99 has 3.73 and the ATT.

Getting a steady 19.5 - 20 when I drive it (round town, highway, etc) with a 3.73 rear and A/C usually off; takes a dive to 17-ish when I let somebody borrow it. Am thinking that the setup is still too rich as it belches coal at start-up and will initially blow gray when I occasionally put my foot into it (more clear when I go heavy on the throttle again shortly thereafter). I talked with Heath about tuning the ECM for the marines and ATT when I got them at the same time, where he said that the marines did not make a difference to the programming but he did gladly adjust for the ATT. Am still not so sure about that there is not more room for adjustment on the ECM to play better with the marines.

Not 100% certain I'd do marines again, but not worth pulling them just for grins.

On the prior injectors and IP I got a range of 17 - 20 (lower range as time went by under normal driving, and higher range right after I did an Italian tune-up).

I would like to have my original injectors rebuilt, I swapped them out with rebuilt ones about a year ago and want the originals for back ups.

No shops near me deal with the 6.5 mechanical injectors. Looking to hear where you guys send yours off to, to be rebuilt.

I'm looking for a reputable shop to redo the injectors but don't want to spend as much as new or rebuilt injectors.

Thanks very much guys.

This is the last item you want to go cheap on. Get some of the Cheap Communist Chinese nozzles and after 30K miles they will stick and cause you to break starters as the engine hits and then stalls out. I have a video somewhere of the exhaust smoke rings from this. Learned the hard way.

My avatar is from a failed injector melting down the #8 piston.

If you do go cheap - join us here. It keeps you in the man cave out of trouble:
http://www.thetruckstop.us/forum/showthread.php?39865-6-5-carnage

Back