• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Where to put PMD with intercooler

SnowDrift

Ultra Conservative. ULTRA!
Reaction score
My PMD has been bolted to the skid plate for 20 years but will need to be relocated because one of my next steps will be to add an intercooler which will find its home there.

What is the consensus for the next best location for the PMD on the big aluminum heat sink?

Do you still have the factory front bumper with the air holes? I would say move it to one of them. get a second one and have one in each hole and ready to swap connectors when one fails out in the middle of nowhere!

You could try a bumper mount. Only fab up additional support to avoid stress cracking the heat sink from vibrations.
From a previous posting on the topic. First picture was using just one Air Dam attachment point/hold. Second Picture: I'd drilled two holes. Even with that small of a heat sink, it started to crack from vibrations.
PMD Relocated3.JPGPMD Relocated1.JPG

The new unit sold by Diesel Site situates the cooler in front of the auxiliary transmission cooler.
1710727106122.png
I'm not a fan even though it's in the air flow and your 12 x 16 or 18 heat sink would be a serious obstacle to the cooling stack.

Back