• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Where to get new battery cables

5akman

Reaction score
The cables on my '96 are beyond patching. I've checked with the dealer and they are no longer available they say. Can a good battery shop make up new cables if I bring in the old ones for a pattern? Any ideas on the cost vs getting a set from a wrecking yard?

I just made my own from 0/1 and 4 guage car audio battery wire.

But it is probably easier to buy a premade set. I just wanted to modify a couple connections when I changed mine out.

I would go with PT wiring solutions. I bought his GP harness and I will be putting in a set of his battery cables when I get a chance.

Some products just "Speak for Themselves"...........Especially the Glow Plug Harness, you couldn't find a better harness to buy......and even if you could find one, you couldn't touch the quality of materials and workmanship that you get from Bruce.

We're lucky to have such a resource....

I had a local battery shop make up new cables for me. In addition to using larger cables, I changed to top post connectors as well.
All the cables were replaced and upsized, including the wire to the fusebox.
I ran both grounds to the engine, then had cables made from the engine back to the frame.
It works very well, starts easier, all in all a very worthwhile modification.

Ok, sounds great, I'll look into some of the links provided by you guys here on the forum!

I have a local auto electric shop in town as you may if you ask local garages around your town. They usualy will custom make them on the spot.

Back