• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Where is the BD?

RCH

Reaction score
I Recently got back from vacation which took me through Arizona, Nevada, Colorado, Wyoming, South Dakota, North Dakota, Montana, Utah, Idaho, and Saskatchewan. I used the Biodiesel web page in an attempt to locate retailers. I could not find them anywhere along my route, There were a couple listed in Cheyanne Wyoming but actually there were none. One place had it's phone disconnected and the building was a karate studio. Some were wholesalers who would not sell to me(Sapp Brothers), they lived up to there name. I am sold on the benefits of biodiesel and prefer to use it at B10, I buy B99 and mix it in myself. it has got get easier to find if it is going to have a chance. As it is now, I have to drive 40 miles to San Diego to buy it, so I take my containers and buy 12 gallons at a time. Enough of my rant. :noidea:

There is actually no where around me that sells it. And yes, I agree, there should be more locations if they want the product to take off.

I Recently got back from vacation which took me through Arizona, Nevada, Colorado, Wyoming, South Dakota, North Dakota, Montana, Utah, Idaho, and Saskatchewan. I used the Biodiesel web page in an attempt to locate retailers. I could not find them anywhere along my route, There were a couple listed in Cheyanne Wyoming but actually there were none. One place had it's phone disconnected and the building was a karate studio. Some were wholesalers who would not sell to me(Sapp Brothers), they lived up to there name. I am sold on the benefits of biodiesel and prefer to use it at B10, I buy B99 and mix it in myself. it has got get easier to find if it is going to have a chance. As it is now, I have to drive 40 miles to San Diego to buy it, so I take my containers and buy 12 gallons at a time. Enough of my rant. :noidea:

unfortunately, buying BD is more costly than petroleum diesel. However, you can save $ by making your own BD.

DynadroitClutches.com | Home

makes BD kits but also has links to BD websites.

John

Biodiesel has the potential to be much cheaper than petro diesel. However if they keepmaking it out of soybeans were never going to sell any.

A local farmer sits o the national biodiesel board amd says they are trying to get the product out but it hasnt been successful with on road users. However most every farmer around uses at least a 2% blend.

Auto makers need to start approving biodiesel too.

The new Fendts and John Deeres are approved to run 100% biodiesel.

Hes runing for state ssembly an just won th primaries so well see, i he gets the seat maybe thre will be more bioiesel in the area for us.

unfortunately, buying BD is more costly than petroleum diesel. However, you can save $ by making your own BD.

DynadroitClutches.com | Home

makes BD kits but also has links to BD websites.

John

I have toyed with that idea, but a guy in our city just lit himself on fire and died trying to make it. There are allot of kids in my neighborhood and the houses are too close together. The dangers out weigh the benefits too much for me to make it, and it also would not help me on vacation which is what I was ranting about. it's not the price I had a problem with, it's that I could not find it at all.:D

Its very dangerous if you are not smart.

If he didnt have his barrel of methanol grounded, one little spark and boom.

Back