• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Where is that lift pump modification schematic?

Drago

Reaction score
Where is that lift pump modification schematic? Can't seem to find it, got a long week end and finally gonna get a round tuit

can't seem to read it, blowing it up makes it worse, to you have a bigger pic?

sorry best I have. I've tried making it bigger on my comp (which I can) but when I repost it it's small again. Any comp gurus got any ideas?

Question 1) On this schematic, toward the bottom, there is a box labeled "LP Fuse". Is this a fuse I can add, or is this a fuse already in the truck? If I can add one, then use 15A?

Question 2) I would like to add a switch to power the lift pump, such as a momentary switch. On the schematic, it looks like I can put the switch between either of the #87 terminals and what other wire? My relay socket does not have a terminal for the #87a on Relay 2.

Question 3) There is a Fuseable link toward the left, right off the battery on the schematic. Should I add one of these, or a fuse here, also? If a fuse, use 15A? If fuseable link, what do I ask for at the parts store?

I just added inline fuses.

Do not cut and splice wires like the picture shows. Do it like Lerpydiesel.com does.

Get a male and female lift pump plug and make it plug and play. instead of cutting the wire, just go to the end of the wire and plug it in.

I also prefer mountable relay sockets as opposed to mountable relays.

ok, so in response to my question #1, use a fuse in the position where the schematic reads "LP Fuse", correct? By the looks of it, in this position, I'm protecting the lift pump whether in the key on WTS sequence, or in the run mode. The fuse is to protect the LP and there is no protection for the OPS, correct?

All 15 amp.

I placed a fuse on the wire that goes from the relay to the lift pump.

I also had a fuse in the wire that comes from the power source / battery or hot stud on the back of the under hood fuse box or the hot studs under the cover on the 1994

And a third fuse inline from the glow plug controller to the relays

You do not have to cut any wires. I would not recommend cutting and splicing any wires.

Get a pair of lift pump harness connectors and plug into the ends of the wires it shows cutting.

If I knew how, I would change that schematic so it does not show cutting and splicing any wires.

I think I got my relay sockets from http://www.waytekwire.com/products/1401/Relays/

Last edited:
Thanks. I made up my harness a couple years back and just want to add some protection in the circuit. Mine didn't require cutting any wires on the factory harness.

Back