• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Where can i buy a Peninsular Intake Adapter for the 6.5

They use to have a link on there website, I can not seem to find it since they changed it all around.

Here is there number 800.942.0445, just call them. If they want your money, they will help you out.

To get mine I called them. They were out for a few days while they waited for their next shipment to arrive.

Don

How much? Just curious? Think they would make an improvement over the regular intake plenum that cuts down real narrow right at the intake?

Keep in mind when considering the Penninsular Upper. Aside from needing to work out hose size differences and routing, if your OEM intake has the IAT and Boost Sensors located on it (not sure about the 93/94s), you'll be drilling and tapping somewhere to accomodate those items. IAT is 3/8NPT and you'll have to work out the boost sensor mod with at least a barbed nipple tap and fpossibly a mounting bracket of sorts.

There's nothing on the 92 and 93's that I know of other than a boost gauge if you are running one. That can be drilled and tapped easy enough. Hose differences are easy to work around as well. Does anybody think this would help airflow over the stock upper intake?

There's nothing on the 92 and 93's that I know of other than a boost gauge if you are running one. That can be drilled and tapped easy enough. Hose differences are easy to work around as well. Does anybody think this would help airflow over the stock upper intake?

Good to know. I was just putting the word out for information sake.

Airflow, I think it does (see my photo album or spacer thread). Certainly opens things up. Still, I have two 90* elbows and obviously, the fewer or the shallower bends between the turbo and intake, the better. With your fab skills, I would think you could make a good set up.

No clearance issues regardless of turbo chargers I used (GM and ATT) and that was with the spacer. You'll need shorter bolts all the way around, like the ones on the passenger side of the intake in your avitar. Otherwise, direct bolt on. Worth the $60 even if it is out of morbit curiosity.

I read your thread on the install and spacer. It seems like there was a lot added at one time to make a difference. Do you think stand alone that the upper intake added anything?

Just a gradually increasing diameter path to the intake. Probably less turbulant when it gets there but when you're dealing with pressurized air, I can't see say 12 PSI at the lower intake manifold as being better or cleaner just because the path from turbo to lower is smoother. Still has to work its way through the lower to the intake valves....someone else will have to chime in on the flow dynamics.

On edit, I was just trying to avoid chopping up my OEM intake with the ATT and then I didn't want a porcupine look with IAT and Boost sensors sticking out of the Penninsular or Swiss cheesing the lower in case I reversed (as I did) back to the GM-5.

Back