• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Where are you guys running your block heater cord on the NBS Chevy's?

12ga diesel

Jack of all, Master of none
Reaction score
I'm going to need to hook up the truck pretty soon with the cold nights coming, and was curious where everyone else was running their block heater cord out to the front of the truck. I had mine on my '06 zip-tied to the passenger side tow hook but was thinking of maybe having it come out under the grille. I wasn't too worried about it rubbing the front bumper as it was the black plastic. But with the new truck, I don't know if I want it to be rubbing up against that chrome color plastic and scuff it up. Might just run it out the tow hook hole again.

i had mine running out on the passenger side thru the hood its held in place nicely when its closed

That's how I have mine, too. Sits on the wiper valance and does not hurt anything, plus it's impossible to forget and drive away as I can see it out the windshield

we run ours out the passenger headlight, it sits between the headlight and the fender, works perfectly. 05

Oh 12ga and Chromer - good to see you guys...been a while!! Been running around like a madman around here. I can't believe either one of you use that damn cord!! Mine hasn't come out of the factory zip tie yet...still virginal. :) Looking forward to freezing fuel filters yet?? :D

Oh 12ga and Chromer - good to see you guys...been a while!! Been running around like a madman around here. I can't believe either one of you use that damn cord!! Mine hasn't come out of the factory zip tie yet...still virginal. :) Looking forward to freezing fuel filters yet?? :D

Hey Tom, has been a long time. I have to get ahold of you for a new IDP sticker. I never used the cord on my '05 Dmax and it started fine all winter long. On those mornings where it was about -5* out in the morning, it sounded as loud as a Cummins, but it started right up and took a little longer to warm up. Used plenty of Power Service to keep the fuel from gelling. I decided to plug in the '06 I had and it helped it starting up a little easier and warmed up pretty quick too. I wait for it to get down to around 10*-15* before I plug the truck in. I have started using the winter blend of Power Service just to be on the safe side, and as it gets colder I'll start putting in more. I put in about 12 oz now but in the middle of winter I'll add about 18 -20 oz per fill up. Two trucks and have had no problems with fuel or filters freezing or gelling come winter time, so knock on wood no problems with this truck too. :thumbsup:

Back