• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Wheel bearing on front hub

DEERE3594

I welcome everyone...not just Penguins!
Reaction score
C3500(2 wheel drive), The front inner wheel bearing, are the pressed in? If so what side do I need to press the old one out? Out the lug side or out the back?

If it has 2 bearings an inner and an outer it won't be pressed on but you might have to use a puller toget it off from the outboard side. You'll have to remove outer and then hub sometimes the inner will come off with the hub sometimes it'll stay put and leave the seal with it. The inner race needs to be snug enough so the bearing turns instead of the race if it's loose then you might have to do some "chinese knurling" take a center punch and put a series of divets around the stub shaft where the race sits and it will tighten it up.

The inner race needs to be snug enough so the bearing turns instead of the race if it's loose then you might have to do some "chinese knurling" take a center punch and put a series of divets around the stub shaft where the race sits and it will tighten it up.
RC609 (green) Loctite will do the same thing. Same stuff you get with a speedy sleeve kit for a damper pulley. And you don't run the risk of distortion by uneven punch depth.

And what would you be distorting, the race? You'd have to have some pretty uneven center punching. I guess it's possible though.

And what would you be distorting, the race? You'd have to have some pretty uneven center punching. I guess it's possible though.
Distort the race a bit. I've done both. Just that the green Loctite is made for exactly this purpose. It's referred to in their older literature as "bearing mount".

Ok fellas post me a video :D
Trail and area I recken :eek:

Trial and error?

Try-el and error. If it get it right then its good to go, if not Ill learn from it and try again :eek:
Its been so long since Ive had a truck that Ive had to do this on, everything is hub assembly's now

Any yall know the torque specs on the nut that hold the rotor on?

Here's how you do that Justin. Make sure you've cleaned and repacked the tapered roller bearings, replaced the races inner and outer if they were removed and installed the inner bearing as well as the seal. Put the ass'y. on the spindle, push it all the way on and while holding it centered, slide the outer bearing in snug. Put on the washer and nut. Snug the nut lightly with a wrench while rotating the wheel (rotor) until you feel a slight amount of drag in it. Back the nut off to the first hole (of the 2) that lines up with a slot in the nut. Put the cotter pin in, bend the back half in enough so it can't catch the dust cover but doesn't contact the washer and bend the front half out to 180* where it's about next to the spindle tip. Put your dust cover on and you're good to go.

You should check it again after driving it for a bit to make sure it didn't loosen up. No need to redo it just jack it up and check for too much slop.

You should check it again after driving it for a bit to make sure it didn't loosen up. No need to redo it just jack it up and check for too much slop.
Yes you are right. Thanks for adding that.:thumbsup:
Usually wind up at the next hole. (1/12 turn)

Back