• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Wheel bearing assembly

Duramaxin 41

I'm Confused
Reaction score
Well, I have already wore one out. The driver side assembly is going to be changed out either by the dealer or myself (depends on how much of a pain in the butt the dealer wants to be). I pretty much have everything I need but the part, does anyone have any helpful hints?

Just make sure you get everything tight when you put it back together. They aren't that hard to change, its all pretty straight forward.

Everything is good now, I wound up getting it done though a dealer, since it was still under warrenty. I guess the next one will be up to me to fix, it will get fix a whole lot faster if I do anyway instead of having to take a day off work and leaving my truck with the dealer for an entire day.

Everything is good now, I wound up getting it done though a dealer, since it was still under warrenty. I guess the next one will be up to me to fix, it will get fix a whole lot faster if I do anyway instead of having to take a day off work and leaving my truck with the dealer for an entire day.

Perfect thats the tip.......have the dealer do it when its sttill under warranty. :beer:

they arent very hard to do yourself.

Remove the wheel.

Compress the brake pads

Remove the two caliper mounting bolts

Hang the caliper by some wire off to the side

Remove the dust cap

Remove the big CV shaft nut

Remove the washers that hold the rotor on and discard as they are not needed. Only there for assembly purposes

Remove the rotor (the biggerst PITA if there is some rust there)

Remove the ABS sped sensor wiring

Remove the 4 bolts that hold the assembly on and it will pop off.

Then put everything back together with the new assembly. The two torque specs I know off hand is 221lb-ft for the caliper bolts and 150 for the cv nut. I believe the 4 assembly bolts need to be torqued around 140lb-ft

its pretty simple, doesnt take but an hour to do.

I got mine from the local auto parts store for $280 with my discount

I just got 2 new bearing / hub assemblies for the LB7. I paid $400.00 for both delivered to my door 2-days later. Just over an hour to change both sides, but its the 3rd set we have changed between the 2 trucks in under 100k.

I think I can still get these for 360.00 a set shipped. They are OEM GM I can go pick them up from him and ship them to you.

If anybody is needing some let me know and I will check my source.

Back