• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Whats your favorite way to pull a trailer?

• Total voters

CtChevy427

Still Kicking....
Staff member
Lead Moderator
Reaction score
This weeks contribution by DieselCash.....

Thanks Marty

1. 5th wheel
2. Goose neck
3. Bumper pull
4. I don't pull no stinking trailer

Always looking for poll ideas post them HERE or send me a PM.......

I have only used a bumper/Hitch pull, so I do not have much to judge by. I have seen and heard that 5th wheel pulling is a very good option to have. Maybe someday, I will get a 5th wheel trailer.

ive towed both a bumper pull and gooseneck.
By far the gooseneck feels more connected with the truck and is super stable.
Once you get use to the jackknife steering effect, its not bad. Just turn wide.

I'm stuck with a bumper pull with the BURB, but I still prefer a gooseneck. When the trailer sways in a hard c ross wind, it doesn't drive you because of how teh gooseneck distributes the load on the truck.

I run all Bumper but I'd really like to run a goose if I had the need. I've driven a couple of trucks with 5th wheel and they were nice but weren't mine and I didn't have the feel for them like I do bumpers.

5. Overloaded!
6. With old tires that blow out!
7. With the windows down and heater on high when it is 121 degrees out!

Voted Bumper pull because everything I own can pull it making the 'what runs today' question a non issue.

Truckin' days was 5th wheel for obvious reasons. Quite easy to line up and back under. Always visually check to see that the 'Pawl' is wrapped around the kingpin..

Pickem up truck, bumper pull with assorted hitch sizes including 10 ton pintle hook. Occasionally I pull the tri-axle tandem dovetail behind the '93..It's not a lightweight... :eek: Usually it's behind the dump truck. (where it should be) :)

Then the mower trailer for the Kewbota. 2" ball

Oh and I almost forgot, my favorite 'way' to pull a trailer is.. Behind me.. lol.

Obviously the Semi is 5th wheel, but all we have for the Duramax (for now) is bumper pull. Might be changing that soon, though...

12 tires on the ground?:eek:
Scrubbin' like mad...

Yep, Low boy axles 4500lb per hub max. It's a contraption alright. I have it set up to drop off a 'row' of tires down to 8 (tandem double bogey)
for the majority of hauling.. But with all 12 it's not so bad, but you can tell she scrubs. It's got 12, 12x2 brakes and 12 leaf packs also.. :)

I've only pulled gooseneck while building pole barns, but with the turning radius, versatility, and the way they distribute the weight on the truck, I'd have to stick with gooseneck.

Back