• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Whats the best to clean and protect these with?

Bammer

Reaction score
Just got these,what do you guys use for a cleaner and polish?? Don't wanna mess em up!

316081573.jpg

I just use a soap and mitt most of the time. Worked well for me all of these years..:)

clear coated wheels-just wash and hit them with some spray wax for the shine.

I just wash mine with regular old carwash soap. STAY AWAY FROM THE ABRASIVE CLEANERS.:doh::horn:

I just use soap. But my wheels are already pitted after having them for only 8 months.

I find the best way to clean them is to make the wife git out and do it....
hey now! be nice. I help my wife clean them. I do the front side of the wheels and make her do the back side. 50-50 in our relationship. and while she is there, I have her do the shocks,ft linkage, and control arms also.

hey now! be nice. I help my wife clean them. I do the front side of the wheels and make her do the back side. 50-50 in our relationship. and while she is there, I have her do the shocks,ft linkage, and control arms also.
Thats a great idea...:D

I use "Ice" to wax my truck,should I use that or just wash and dry and leave em alone?

I use "Ice" to wax my truck,should I use that or just wash and dry and leave em alone?

My dad uses that on my mom's car, seems to work great. It worked good on my step bars the one time i used it. Just make sure that your wheels aren't too warm when you put it on them.

Back