• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

What you think this 6.5L is worth? Any other input?

88gmctruck

02GMCtruck
Reaction score
Yes, yes, I found another truck I want.

It's another 93 GMC Ex Cab Long box 3/4ton. This one is also a 6.5L 5-speed, 4wd, 14FF rear. It has 4.10s and a G80. It has 110,000 miles, 1 owner. Only real problems I can see cosmetically are the tailgate, driver's seat and some worn paint from a bra on the hood.

SAM_1651.jpg

SAM_1652.jpg

SAM_1653.jpg

SAM_1650.jpg

SAM_1655.jpg

SAM_1657.jpg

SAM_1656.jpg

SAM_1649.jpg

SAM_1648.jpg

SAM_1658.jpg

SAM_1643.jpg

SAM_1647.jpg

SAM_1646.jpg

SAM_1645.jpg

It's the base interior, which I am fine with. I'd eventually convert it to PWDL and upgrade the seats. I love the fact it has vinyl floors though.

Anyway, I'm curious what you think it's worth? They are asking 6k which even with the lower miles in a 93, seems a bit steep to me.

96 was the first year of the 3rd door option.

I was hoping under 5k. NADA says $5,600 and KBB says $4,900. I'm thinking about seeing if they will take my bike straight across.

You know, Devin said he didn't think any 3/ton ever came with a 3rd door, only 1/2tons. I'm not entirely sure myself, but i know the majority of them are 1/2ton gas trucks. Either way, I'd rather have a 92-93 mechanical 6.5L anyway, and the rear seat is not going to used all that much anyway.

Thats a sharp looking rig....the 5spd has my name writen all over it. I see it is at a gm dealer, so I would think the price would be higher than expected. $5500 is about where I would expect the price to be, but i wouldnt pay much more than $4000

Thats a sharp looking rig....the 5spd has my name writen all over it. I see it is at a gm dealer, so I would think the price would be higher than expected. $5500 is about where I would expect the price to be, but i wouldnt pay much more than $4000

X2 very nice truck for the age. $4K would be max for me also.

I would use that 5th wheel hitch in the bed to bargain the price down with. Be sure to verify the truck is stone cold when you go to check it out...fire it up & check that upper radiator hose pronto for any pressure build. Use the checklist here for diesel purchase to check the remainder of the motor health...best you can.

Good luck & Keep us posted.

Looks nice, assuming all is good condition engine wise very clean truck.

Being a stallhappy, old, outdated pickup that they probably took as a trade in *perhaps from a lifer who took really good care of her* they may let it go for 3000 CASH.. Only one way to find out.

I don't think I'd pay anymore than 3k.

Sure its clean looking, but besides that decently low miles.

Keep looking and find a deal, something that you have to clean up yourself and save from the dead make her a new beauty type of rig for cheap.

IF it had a plow It would be worth 4000 for me.

I have the same truck except mine is not 4x4 and it is not standard. It was bone stock but cosmetically in way better shape. The inside looked brandnew. I paid $3300 for mine.

My 94 (in my sig line) is almost the same as that one. The big differences are the 4L80E auto tranny and the electronic IP. With 4.10's and 265/75/16's the best I got this past summer was 15.5 MPG. My most recent tank was 13.3 MPG.

Nice looking rig.

Don

Well, here is all the benefits I see:
it will keep you in an all GMC fleet.
it would be 2012 end of world compliant with the mech. engine and trans. (and dont forget the awesome, reliable, hand cranks!!!)
it would be a great tow rig, so you can stay stock(down to the stock rubber size!) with this and go wild with the 88
it looks alot prettier than the last one you found

the 4.10s will make it a towing beast, but that leads into the cons:
the 4.10s will hurt fuel economy.
the tailgate is bad, but I can show you much, much worse! (my boss' 88 extended cab! :) )
the price is wild. honestly, if money was no object, I would buy the ol girl, but I would rather be in it around 3-35.
check under the floormats and under the whole truck for evidence. the mud terrains and gooseneck ball makes me think livestock has been involved, but some cowboys are good on their equipment.

my thoughts: knock them down, and buy it! everyone needs a good manual transmissioned tow rig!

1993 GMC 125K fully loaded with buckets auto etc I got off fleabay for $4000 cash. The seat was good and the body better than the one in the pics. With the auto I get around 14 MPG.

How is the front end? How worn is the driver door hinge/latch - lots on in and out to wear a seat like that.

Stripped down work truck... I would not pay more than $4K for it. Otherwise you can fly to another state, or ship, and get one home for $5K off fleabay... In better shape.

I'd call this a 1/2 work truck. It's not entirely basic (deluxe grille, chrome front bumper, flares, cruise, tilt, ac, full gauges) just needs PWDL and nicer seats IMO.

Anyway, I'm going to try and get them down to 4k. This really is the only truck that fits the bill right now, and it's lower miles so yeah.... we'll see how it goes. Waiting for another call on monday.

Back