• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

what years?

ghitch75

livin' in the sticks
Reaction score
ok my burb is a 95 and a buddy has a k3500 that's a 93 that had a 6.5 in it from the factory has a gas 350 in it now and is parting it out......will the 93 4l80e work in the burb?......

No, the 1993 is a redhead stepchild. The TCC solenoid uses a different frequency to work so 1993 is different than 1995. There are a few years that things stayed the same, but, not the early years. As I recall the connector is also different and can even vary if you got a replacement updated connector under warranty back in the day.

No, the 1993 is a redhead stepchild. The TCC solenoid uses a different frequency to work so 1993 is different than 1995. There are a few years that things stayed the same, but, not the early years. As I recall the connector is also different and can even vary if you got a replacement updated connector under warranty back in the day.

it was rebuilt about 4 years ago...the rebuilder said he updated something i just can't remember what....it that an update most rebuilders do?...the kit posted above won't take care of that?

WW is correct, but it will still work. I've done a bunch of TCM swaping between year model trucks and they all seem to work fine. I still run a OBDI TCM in my 96 trans.

How'ed gasser run w/diesel tq converter?

94 and older will not fully functionally swap into 95+ without some mods. In 95 GM added the NSBU switch to the trans where teh shift shaft goes through the case. Earlier models did not have the mounting bosses for the switch. The 91-93 units origanally used a different style harness that used a bolt through the middle to hold it in, but many were upgraded as the early plug was a nightmare of electrical problems and leaks. Also the 91-93 trans used a different lockup solonoid as stated, but there were also some internal valve body differences as well. The guts of the 93 trans would easily swap into your 95's case if you wanted to do that, but the bands would be ruined once you took them out so it is sort of pointless unless you needed hard parts to fix a 95's.

94 and older will not fully functionally swap into 95+ without some mods. In 95 GM added the NSBU switch to the trans where teh shift shaft goes through the case. Earlier models did not have the mounting bosses for the switch. The 91-93 units origanally used a different style harness that used a bolt through the middle to hold it in, but many were upgraded as the early plug was a nightmare of electrical problems and leaks. Also the 91-93 trans used a different lockup solonoid as stated, but there were also some internal valve body differences as well. The guts of the 93 trans would easily swap into your 95's case if you wanted to do that, but the bands would be ruined once you took them out so it is sort of pointless unless you needed hard parts to fix a 95's.

Good points, I have allways gone from 93-94 TCM's into newer trans and they work fine. Never went from a new controller operating and older trans.

Another option would be an Optishift controller, but you could use that money to build your trans??
I have the OptiShifts for sale also.

Back